Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thrones

User Info Menu

Default Re: Thrones

I have a Gibraltar Motorcylcle Seat that I've had for years . I recently got a Roc n Soc Nitro and it ROCKS !!! No more getting your fingers dirty when you want to adjust your chair and my back feels good after a 4 hour Gig . Downside is the Seat has bolts and not wingnuts . Use to put the stand w/ my hardware and throw the seat upsidedown on top of my 11x14 in a 16x16 bag . Now I just fold it up and put it on my drums after its loaded on a Rock n Roller cart .

User Info Menu

FYI , A friend of mine has been playing Drums for 30 + Years . Been having Back Pain the last few years and found out he has a Bad Disc . Years of heavy hardware bags , bad playing posture and cheap throne . Always used a cheap throne because he wanted to keep his hardware as light as possible . Got a Roc n Soc Nitro w/ Backrest and said it helps him a lot . Funny how a Good Throne could helps us out 20 years later .

User Info Menu

Heres a catalogue pic of the throne I just bought, they do a version with the motorcycle seat too, but after years of having a bad throne that kept falling apart and being mended I decided to get this and I could not be happier, comfortable and rock solid.

It cost me around £80.

Mike.

"If men are from Mars, and Women are from venus then drummers... are from Pluto!" - Hughie (as played by the amazing Billy Connolly) taken from the film 'Still Crazy'.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" - Brandon Lee

http://www.jerzeystreetband.com
    http://www.myspace.com/jerzeystband
    http://www.facebook.com/jerzeystreetband

User Info Menu

I don't know the exact model but I just picked up a used Sound Percussion throne (bike seat style) and am very happy with it. It's very comfortable and the swivel is just stiff enough to let me twist with ease but not swivel all over when I need to be sitting still.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    If you could afford a little more I would recommend the Roc& Soc nitro without the backrest. Very comfortable and durable seat that I have ever owned.
    I agree, I use the roc n soc original saddle throne and it is great, very comfortable and gives great support. I've always felt the throne is one of the most important pieces of the kit.

User Info Menu

Oh, guess I forgot to post. I had gotten a new throne for Christmas. Tama HT35.
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Armstrong View Post
    Thats what I use. I started out with a Roc n Soc Nitro w/backrest. After a month or so I felt it was indeed what it advertised, a 'backrest' and not lower back support, which I feel is important to have in the long run. Also I didn't like all the cheaper plastic parts. It just looked like more of an office chair to me. The Tama 1st Chair w/lumbar support is great! Quality all metal construction, comfortable and solid, great lumbar support and it looks like a drum throne that belongs behind a kit. Highly recommend!
    Touch wood, with all the years of lifting, gigging etc, have had no real need for thrones with lumbar support. Only time when I went for a throne with a backrest was when I got a Ludwig one with a backrest, like the one late8 put in one of his photos.....but that was when I was first trying to get my balance with two bass drums. But I highly recommend Tama, I have a basic Tama HT-35 bike-style seat, which over here does cost over $100 or so, but it serves me so well.....mind you I have fairly decent posture to start off with plus I exercise, stretch my back etc.
    Last edited by Drumbledore; 03-31-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Hi fellow drummer! I use a motorcycle throne from sound percussion that i purchased at guitar center. it was only $80.00 and it has worked very well for me. I would look into it. the throne is very underrated when you think about it. you got to be comfortable if you are going to be gigging all nite!