Thread: Messing about with my Zoom Q3

User Info Menu

Default Messing about with my Zoom Q3

Hello. Just me messing about with my new Zoom Q3 and the dynasonic. I haven't figured out everything on the camera yet. And my dog tries to eat my sticks.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHUNiaqQ57o"]YouTube - ZOOM0002[/ame]

The first 20 seconds or so is me messing about with the camera.
    Last edited by Kazaamski; 10-26-2010 at 05:43 PM.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Default Re: Messing about with my Zoom Q3

That looks like a Rogers snare.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

You are correct good sir. I picked it up a few weeks ago from a gentleman across town. He gave me an old slingerland epic bass pedal as well. Cool guy.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"

User Info Menu

Great sounding snare, especially for that type of playing. Interesting head as well...

User Info Menu

I really like the sound of your snare. I too have a mid 70's Dyno. I may have to check out that head you're using. Thanks for the vid and welcome to DC!

User Info Menu

Nice. I'd like to see more of your playing.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    You are correct good sir. I picked it up a few weeks ago from a gentleman across town. He gave me an old slingerland epic bass pedal as well. Cool guy.
    Good choice. I had the 6 or 6.5", (been so long now) and I loved my Rogers drums.

Your chops are good and your camera angle was good.

Got more?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies. In regards to the head choice, I wanted something different from the tried and true coated Ambassador. I have nothing against the coated Ambassador, they are my favorite snare head. I thought the Skintone would be cool, cause it would give a darker sound to contrast the brightness of the brass. I don't use any muffling. That head was just naturally dry on that drum. Can anyone tell me what about what the interval is between the top and bottom head? Other than the resonant is tuned higher, I have a very hard time identifying pitch intervals.
    Thanks again for all the compliments.

User Info Menu

Cool sounding snare!

User Info Menu

That snare sounds right out of a big band recording. Well done, sir!
    Scott G
    Follow me on twitter
    My discography sample
    Strange Americans

Gear:
    Brady
    Gretsch
    Ludwig
    Paiste
    Bosphorus

User Info Menu

Nicely done, snare sounded good to me............loved the dog's part of that video too.

How dod you like the Zoomm Q3 so far, Im thinking about getting one myself. I had a demo done at my local music store and was pretty impressed with it and how easy it is to use.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

I love the q3. It's a real solid recording device. It's leaps and bounds better than any pocket camera you could buy for the same price. It picks up a pretty good range of frequencies. You won't get any gut thumping sounds from your bass drum, but you will get a decent thud. It will eat through AA batteries though. I think it's life is about 2-2.5 hours. But when you hook it up to a computer, it runs off usb power. You can screw it onto a stand, which is pretty cool. It is super light sensitive. You need real good lighting. Check out my other thread "here's the full kit+some". Normal levels of indoor lighting at night, but it's still pretty dark. It also makes a pretty sweet audio only recorder. I'm about to lay down some tracks using the zoom for a buddy of mine. Not the best stuff for mixing, but better than his MIDI stuff.