Thread: One electronic drum?

User Info Menu

Question One electronic drum?

I want to get just ONE electronic drum to make electric snare sounds if I ever get into Drum and Bass music. Do they make any single ones with sounds or would I need a whole module?

User Info Menu

Default Re: One electronic drum?

I have a Roland RMP-5. It's really a practice/training/tutor accessory. But, it's a smallish snare drum with a catalog of built in sounds, and an aux input for another trigger, ie kick or cymbal.

It's a very good trainer with lot's of features. Of course it can be a little humbling when you measure yourself against some of the exercises.

I use it with headphones and sometimes through my small PA amp.

Kind of expensive when new, but you can probably find a used one.

User Info Menu

Pricey but this might be the "One Trick Pony" :

You can find them used for $478+ USD

User Info Menu

I've seen that...I will look into the Roland one, Alesis makes a similar one. I just need that, what I call, 'cheap' snare sound they always have. I don't need an expensive thing (but that Korg one does look outrageously awesome). Thanks guys!

User Info Menu

Sounds like you just need something with an 808 kit sound bank. You could just download the sample and play it off a Roland SPD-S, keyboard, drum machine, etc. If you want to trigger behind the kit I'd say SPD-S with the 808 sample loaded (if that is the sound you refer to).
    Last edited by MadGary; 11-04-2010 at 12:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Pity you're on a budget.....try the Roland Octapad SPD-20, SPD-30...or, you could even search for an older model SPD-8.....I have the SPD-20.....eight drum pads (also can add 4 drum pads to it to expand), all built into one rectangular, flat unit. Self contained (no additional modules for extra efx, etc)....with a range of 700 sounds (SPD-8's have less, I think). All you need is an amp, or you can plug in stereo leads into a P.A. I love using this with my percussion set ups.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8