Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bongobro! You're On The Front Cover Of My Magazine LOL

User Info Menu

Default Bongobro! You're On The Front Cover Of My Magazine LOL

I didn't know you were a biker dude? LOL

User Info Menu

bongobro is really Arlen Ness? Dude, can I have a new jacket? C'mon, hook me up! Oh yeah, a new set of pipes would be cool too.

User Info Menu

Oh, btw, Arlen Ness' shop is close to where I live. That place is like Disneyland for bikers. One time I was in there looking at jackets I couldn't afford, when it was announced that anyone who would consent to takining a test ride on an Arlen Ness Victory Hammer would recieve a free t-shirt. Needless to say, I got the shirt. I love going in there and throwning a leg over a $50k chopper. AAAaahhhHHH! Just my size!

User Info Menu

lol
    how would BB respond to this?
    Band: System of a Down
    Song: Atwa

Current: four way independence

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drum_Fiend
    lol
    how would BB respond to this?
    Something like this...

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    Yes, I'm Arlen Ness and you're new jacket is hanging over your new chopper in my shop, Roaddebris. Hurry up and come pick it up!

User Info Menu

is that rly him..?

User Info Menu

Yeah, he just IMed me. After I pick up my new bike, him and I are going to ride to Chile to party with the Stones.

User Info Menu

Cool Bongobro! You're On the Front Cover of My Magazine LOL

DC, I'm LMAO on that one! Maybe I should go to a motorcycle show and pose with a Harley the way I did with the 'Vette...hey, I might just do that for the next avatar...I always knew there was more than a little of the renegade in the old 'bro...

Actually, I have an older brother who rode a bike many years ago and truth is he convinced me NOT to ride a bike. You've heard the old cliche there are two types of bikers--those who have been down and those who are about to go down? My big bro' was one who went down big time when he dumped his big Honda touring bike on I-70...and were it not for his helmet and leathers, he'd have scraped half his bod all over the shoulder...

Gonna have to look for that magazine at the bookstore, though...you can mess around with Col. Sanders, BUT (apologies to BTG), you don't mess with the bikers...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Well, here's my copy of the magazine. I guess I got the revised version.

User Info Menu

hahahahah!

User Info Menu

OMG thats hilarious!
    BB looks like you got competition!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Does this mean I'm not getting a free chopper? How 'bout the jacket?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Well, here's my copy of the magazine. I guess I got the revised version.

ROFLOL

User Info Menu

DC, I'm LMAO on that one! Maybe I should go to a motorcycle show and pose with a Harley the way I did with the 'Vette...hey, I might just do that for the next avatar...I always knew there was more than a little of the renegade in the old 'bro...

Actually, I have an older brother who rode a bike many years ago and truth is he convinced me NOT to ride a bike. You've heard the old cliche there are two types of bikers--those who have been down and those who are about to go down? My big bro' was one who went down big time when he dumped his big Honda touring bike on I-70...and were it not for his helmet and leathers, he'd have scraped half his bod all over the shoulder...

Gonna have to look for that magazine at the bookstore, though...you can mess around with Col. Sanders, BUT (apologies to BTG), you don't mess with the bikers...
    Not sure if you can find this magazine in stores, I'll be more than happy to send it to you LOL

User Info Menu

So bongobro, you lied to us about being Arlen Ness and the free chopper and everything? Don't tell me the ride to South America and meeting Mick Jagger is off too?

User Info Menu

Cool Bongobro! You're On the Front Cover...

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    So bongobro, you lied to us about being Arlen Ness and the free chopper and everything? Don't tell me the ride to South America and meeting Mick Jagger is off too?
    Until this thread started, I didn't even KNOW who Arlen Ness was! For all I knew he was Eliot Ness' grandson or something!

Actually, RD, I have seen some trikes that I think I could handle; ya know, the ones with the VW engines? I know Harley had some three-wheelers mainly used for police work as late as the '70s...now with a little Orange County Chopper work, the b-bro could haul ... ahem ... without too much work...wouldn't that be a blast, dude? A former police meter maid bike turned into a major-league cruiser! Now that one I'd ride to South America...

...and if Mick and the Stones ever redo that one song with the killer conga part in it, I think I could handle it...

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Cool Bongobro! You're On the Front Cover!...

Been a while since we hit this topic, but I was in a restaurant tonight with Mrs. 'bro and one of my daughters--a sports bar with individual TV screens--and saw "American Thunder" on the Speed cable channel. Guess whose biker shop was on tonight?

Arlen Ness!

And truth be told, with shades and a helmet (and a bit of a stretch on the rack!!!), I could pass for Arlen...ahh, but can Arlen Ness play bongo drums?

Charlie

User Info Menu

Until this thread started, I didn't even KNOW who Arlen Ness was! For all I knew he was Eliot Ness' grandson or something!

Actually, RD, I have seen some trikes that I think I could handle; ya know, the ones with the VW engines? I know Harley had some three-wheelers mainly used for police work as late as the '70s...now with a little Orange County Chopper work, the b-bro could haul ... ahem ... without too much work...wouldn't that be a blast, dude? A former police meter maid bike turned into a major-league cruiser! Now that one I'd ride to South America...

...and if Mick and the Stones ever redo that one song with the killer conga part in it, I think I could handle it...
    assuming that stones tune would be sympathy for th devil? thats the only one that pops to mind with a cool conga part.

User Info Menu

Cool Bongobro! You're on the Front Cover...

probably the ONLY Stones tune with a conga part of any kind, funkster!

Charlie

User Info Menu

Gosh I thought this thread had died and gone but I guess not!

And the worst part about it is, is that its just as funny everytime!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

probably the ONLY Stones tune with a conga part of any kind, funkster!

thats cuz you aint a member of the stones..........yet.

User Info Menu

imagine bb up there with mick jagger! lol!
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

I still have this magazine LOL

User Info Menu

you should edit it some more with photoshop or something
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

lol ya dont need the kernals face over that. He already looks like him! :P lol thats great.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters