Thread: Happy halloween my dc friends!

User Info Menu

Default Happy halloween my dc friends!

I JUST WANTED TO WISH MY DC FRIENDS A HAPPY HALLOWEEN AND FIND OUT WHAT YOU ALL ARE DOING FOR THIS FESTIVE HOLIDAY!?.
    I DONT CARE IF YOURE ONLY MAKING SOUP AND GIVING OUT CANDY OR GOING TO A MASSIVE PARTY.
    I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
    SO, LET US KNOW!.
    Last edited by Homeularis; 10-31-2010 at 03:08 AM.
    HHMMMM!...FIRE BAAAADD!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Happy halloween my dc friends!

happy Halloween, I will be having a family lunch to celebrate me turning 30 yesterday then I will be fixing the reso head of my bass drum with a bass drum o rather than the cut circle that it is now
    *TAMA-PEARL-REMO-EVANS-PAISTE- SABIAN-ZILDJIAN-VATER*

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperPbizzle?feature=mhw5

User Info Menu

Happy halloween, and happy belated to you superpbizzle!

Church in the morning then, pumpkin carving, a halloween party for the kids, trick or treating then me and the mrs. are going to see a band called wookie foot. F/T

User Info Menu

Dang, I was working.....Sunday's one of my most popular days for tuition....oh well
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Do the same thing as last year NOTHING. turn off the lights and hide in the dark. Just kidding. I will be receiving the neighbourhood kids and play little gooly pranks on them and then sit down and watch a horror movie with the wife.

User Info Menu

Church service, luncheon, Trunk or Treat in the church parking lot, then a major annual church meeting. Now I'm finally just kicking back. There aren't any kids in the immediate area around the church, so I won't have any Trick or Treaters.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I took my 4 yr. old trick or treating. He was Buzz Lightyear. We had a great time together.

User Info Menu

Our TnT was last night.

Today was church, NASCAR, relaxing....
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Worked in the yard some. Took my kids trick or treating. It was a beautiful day today.

User Info Menu

Yup, It was a beautiful day here too which is good because it had been raining for the last few days.

Just got pizza for the Fam and gave candy to the Trick or Treaters.
    Its about 8:30 pm here in CA and the candy has pretty much stopped flowing.

Gonna watch some Horror movies now.

Oh well, ThanksGiving next.
    HHMMMM!...FIRE BAAAADD!!

User Info Menu

Went to the Sound Tribe Sector 9 Halloween show in Austin. They played an amazing show, and we saw some great costumes. Followed it up with a free after show by a local band called Spoonfed Tribe, who are very percussion oreinted, they played a really great set.

User Info Menu

For me it was taking the kids to church, then off to my parents house to show them the kids costumes. We stayed to have lunch then left for home to do yardwork and right back out the door after dinner to take them around the neighborhood.

Thank goodness for Monday mornings and back to work..........I need time to relax.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

has a few beers, watched get him to the greek, handed out a little candy. thats it.
    maybe make it up this week by watching horror movie
    DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Remo
    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonpnorris

User Info Menu

I played a Halloween party, I was on bass instead of drums. We covered a ton of Misfits songs. Good times.

Me:
    Last edited by marko138; 11-01-2010 at 10:36 AM.

User Info Menu

I worked!

User Info Menu

I spent the day in the studio recorded for my bands new album and then spent the night with my wife, 3 year old son and various other family members at a Halloween party/1st Birthday party for my great nephew (thats right, I said great nephew, an I'm only 28) We had fun with all the trick or treaters etc...good times.
    Mike.

"If men are from Mars, and Women are from venus then drummers... are from Pluto!" - Hughie (as played by the amazing Billy Connolly) taken from the film 'Still Crazy'.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" - Brandon Lee

http://www.jerzeystreetband.com
    http://www.myspace.com/jerzeystband
    http://www.facebook.com/jerzeystreetband

User Info Menu

Went to a party dressed as John Bonham

User Info Menu

I started celebrating on Saturday night. I had my band, my guitarist's brother, and 3 good friends with me. We just chilled at my house until it got dark and then we left. We went to the "haunted" places in my town.

First we went to the "Human Cages". This place is in a creepy location and I wouldn't want to go there alone, but theres nothing really scary there. You walk down into this sort of valley and climb through a hole in the fence, it gets pretty thick with trees and stuff. Next you pass this pond which is kinda weird, its very swampy and gross. After that, you come to the first cages. My friends and I have decided they were probably used for chickens or something, but there are several blocks cut out of the sandstone there with the holes covered with fencing. Next, you walk through the trees a ways and there is a house-like structure up around a big tree made out of the same fencing material and covered in chicken wire. There is a number 12 on the tree, which makes us wonder whether there may be more of these things. Anyway, everybody stands inside and you get quiet, turn the flashlights off. It's a bit creepy.

From there, we went to the next haunted location: "The Basement"
    This place is the underground remains of a house that has been destroyed. There are several stories behind it, one being a simple fire; another claims there was an explosion from a meth lab The "scary" story, though, is that a "witch" used to live there. She would kidnap young boys, starve them in the basement, and then take them to the pond nearby to drown them. I know for a fact that the above-ground level of the house has only been absent for about 3 years; my friends and I used to have airsoft wars around there when we were younger. One day the house above the basement was gone, just collapsed I guess. It wasn't very stable so I don't think it took much. Anyway, you enter by walking through this field until you reach some old stables. They are a little sketchy. You then pass the pond I mentioned before (this is a different pond than the one at the Human Cages, in case you are confused). There is a bathtub out in the middle for some reason... Eventually, you come to a huge tree with hooks in the trunk. This is apparently where the witch tortured her victims. Finally you reach the basement where you climb down a hole into a small room. It is more of a good place to bust your face than it is a scary place, but it is cool.

Now, the sketchy part about the night was not that we visited these haunted places, it is that we met some people at the basement... As we pulled up to the parking place in front of the field, we saw cars and didn't think much of it. We figured there were some other teenagers like ourselves who were looking for some fun. As we set off to our destination, we met the people about halfway along, right before the stables. They turned out to be "paranormal researchers"! It was kind of amazing to us that they were actually surveying a place we knew so well! We walked along with them and they told us they had recorded growls in the basement and a voice begging to be let out... We didn't think much of it, but it definitely made the experience much weirder. We were kind of weary that they were just going to pull a prank on us (I was actually a bit worried they might be taking us out there to kill us or something ), and eventually, a guy popped out from behind a tree in a costume and scared my friend Jimmy really badly! It was really funny, but they actually WERE paranormal researcher, they just played pranks as well. They gave me their card and they are on Facebook.

Soon we left, nothing else interesting happened until later that night. Everyone went home aside from Jimmy, Joe, Justin, and myself (J's...) We were standing outside my house at about 2 in the morning just talking when we heard a huge CRACK noise come from the wilderness area across my street. We stood there for a second, looked at each other, then bolted for the house! It was probably nothing, but we had been talking all night about horror stories and how we would terrorize people next Halloween at the haunted places as the paranormal researchers did to us, but on a larger scale. Because we had been talking about that stuff we were much more ready to assume it was a bad noise and that we should run.

From there we listened to creepy music in my basement. This doesn't sound scary, but you haven't been in my basement late at night sitting in the dark. There is a window with a curtain and if you think about it enough, you can make yourself believe your worst fear is behind the curtain and become unable to move We listened to Disgustipated by Tool. Ever hear that song? It is pretty creepy. We also had L490 by 30 Seconds To Mars. Its weird, too. With the creepy music and the window, in addition to our experiences from earlier in the night, that night was insanely sketchy.

When morning came, we ate and Jimmy and I went to put up posters for a band we are starting. I didn't sleep at all the night before so I was pretty out of it. Later I took Jimmy home and went to hang out with another friend. I pegged some kids with candy and then we went to chill with some other people. Later I finally went home and slept. My final hour count without sleep was 38. My record is 44... not too bad, but I can do better.

Sorry for the ridiculously long story. I planned to have maybe a paragraph when I started, but I guess I ramble So that is what I did on Halloween.

- Mapex Meridian Maple Studioease - Sabian Xs20 - Paiste Alpha -

User Info Menu

Wow Butter, you had a pretty full night!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    I played a Halloween party, I was on bass instead of drums. We covered a ton of Misfits songs. Good times.

Me:
    Dude, that looks rad as. Nice work on the make-up. Did it stay on all night?
    Tama Rockstar & Paiste User and Abuser......