Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    What did you do today drumwise? I rearranged my room and now have my kit in my room. I also got my record player setup with speakers right behind the kit for some serious old school shedding. What did you do today?
    Yesterday, went to a local "drum" shop, Explorers, to look around and seen some Paiste Formula 602 I could just slobber over. Tried some Meinl cymbals out and was very impressed with the Soundcaster series, big thumbs up. Tried out some Dream cymbals, was'nt overly impressed but I'm not a dark cymbal person. They were kind of a trashy sound to me. Got to try out a Paiste "Powerslave" ride. Would love to add that one to my kit! Wound up at G.C. and found out they had an unbelievable sale going on and wound up walking out with a new 2002 18" crash.

Today, Pounded the skins for awhile this morning to try out the new 2002 18" crash I bought yesterday. Then went back and bought me a 2002 17" crash to add to the set and sat down and played some more.

Really like the 2002 model cymbals. May have to add a 2002 ride, only have 3 rides now, but ones a ride/crash but it's more a ride cymbal.

Gretsch Catalina Maple
    Sunburst Tobacco Fade
    PDP Rack
    14" Ludwig Black Magic Stainless Snare
    Tama Speed Cobra single

Cymbals on kit now
    13" & 14" Paiste Proto. Hi-Hats
    17" Paiste 2002 Crash
    18" Pasite 2002 Crash
    19" Paiste 2002 Crash
    10" Paiste Prototype Splash
    20" Paiste 2002 Ride
    18" Paiste 3000 RUDE crash/ride

User Info Menu

Two band practices, practiced some P!nk, Dolly Parton, Queens of the Stone Age and Avenged Sevenfold stuff.

Yeah, I have a lot of band practices. I average two a day, except on Fridays where I have four.
    Last edited by xweasel; 11-08-2010 at 12:23 AM.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    Two band practices, practiced some P!nk, Dolly Parton, Queens of the Stone Age and Avenged Sevenfold stuff.

Yeah, I have a lot of band practices. I average two a day, except on Fridays where I have four.
    You're a busy guy.

User Info Menu

Locked down a studio to practice in and bought some cleaning products for my kit.
    HHMMMM!...FIRE BAAAADD!!

User Info Menu

wrote some exercises for students, practiced tuned percussion for a while (got the school's percussion group performance tomorrow....so I'm taking a Roland SPD-20 with me, using the marimba patch I rescaled in F for some African based stuff), then been teaching...typing this in between students...so see you guys again in a while
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    You're a busy guy.
    Oh hell yeah.

Today I bought some new drumsticks!! Promark 5B nylon tips! Costed me $23, played with them for less than two hours, and whaddya know? One of the sticks have a HUGE crack down the middle of it! I also threw out my receipt because I just didn't think this could happen. Promark suck, my next pair are definitely gonna be Vater!!!
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post

Today I bought some new drumsticks!! Promark 5B nylon tips! Costed me $23,
    Ouch! For one pair?

User Info Menu

I was asked to join a a band yesterday and today I will be getting my kickport ups style. I cleaned the kit up and put 90% of it in cases for saturdays practice(left out the hats, snare and bass to learn the songs) I wanted the set to look good for the KP's arrival.F/T

User Info Menu

I put new heads on another snare. An old Slingerland metal shell. I was disappointed to find the shell jacked up on both sides where the snares go through the hoop. Not sure how it happened, but looks like someone way over tightened either the lugs surrounding the area or the snares them selves...but not sure how that would nearly crush a shell.

User Info Menu

I put new heads on another snare. An old Slingerland metal shell. I was disappointed to find the shell jacked up on both sides where the snares go through the hoop. Not sure how it happened, but looks like someone way over tightened either the lugs surrounding the area or the snares them selves...but not sure how that would nearly crush a shell.
    That is called a snare bed and was delibratly put there by the manufacturer. Your shell is OK, don't worry about it, it is supposed to look that way!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    That is called a snare bed and was delibratly put there by the manufacturer. Your shell is OK, don't worry about it, it is supposed to look that way!
    Really? No kidding. I've not seen it on any of my other 2 snares. But this is a pretty old drum. Thanks for the info!

User Info Menu

Really? No kidding. I've not seen it on any of my other 2 snares. But this is a pretty old drum. Thanks for the info!
    Backto's right.....they're snare beds.

User Info Menu

PIcked up some headphones and an extension so I can get some recording done.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

5 one-hour lessons taught then headed off this afternoon to go to a hand drumming circle and party....combine work and play!

User Info Menu

... I played drums

Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Band practice then hauling the kit home. F/T

User Info Menu

Nothing...I should be ashamed!.
    HHMMMM!...FIRE BAAAADD!!

User Info Menu

I have got practice with Jerzey Street Band tonight to sort out a set for tomorrow nights gig, think I will be changing my tom heads too.
    Mike.

"If men are from Mars, and Women are from venus then drummers... are from Pluto!" - Hughie (as played by the amazing Billy Connolly) taken from the film 'Still Crazy'.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" - Brandon Lee

http://www.jerzeystreetband.com
    http://www.myspace.com/jerzeystband
    http://www.facebook.com/jerzeystreetband

User Info Menu

I waked and banged on the drums. Just jammed on grooves mostly. Ended with some sing sing sing
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Took delivery of my new 2002 16" Crash!

*Pulls shirt over head and runs round in circles with hands in the air*

....but can't play it as my wife is sick in bed.

* 'splodes with frustration*

You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by areFish View Post
    Ouch! For one pair?
    Yep. But mind you, it is in NZD. $23 NZD = $17 USD. I dunno how much they cost in the US though lol.

Today I performed the Porcupine Tree and Joe Satch songs me and a band I was helping out have been practicing. Went well!
    - Zack

User Info Menu

The moment I get up in the morning, I'm always tapping my fingers to something on the radio, or in my head, and always thinking about that next gig....Yeah! WooHooo!

User Info Menu

Nothing so far today because it's 7:40 in the morning, but last night I came up with an epic beat to the solo of Freebird (my mind started wandering while I was listening to Freebird at work lol) and I plan on drummifying when I get home from school today.
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

Gig tonight with JSB, first one in about a month so I'm really looking forward to it, we are supporting an American band from Seattle called Unbunny. Should be fun.
    Mike.

"If men are from Mars, and Women are from venus then drummers... are from Pluto!" - Hughie (as played by the amazing Billy Connolly) taken from the film 'Still Crazy'.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" - Brandon Lee

http://www.jerzeystreetband.com
    http://www.myspace.com/jerzeystband
    http://www.facebook.com/jerzeystreetband

User Info Menu

Looked at the drums in the cases, When is saturday getting here? F/T