Page 98 of 115 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

I played on the new Dubs... wow. The difference is amazing. Also, Playing a 4 piece also makes you focus more. There's fewer distractions with less things to hit.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Mounted the 13" tom with my Sonors, 10" and wow! Switched to my old Speed King, replacing my Speed Cobra and the fun is back!
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    I played on the new Dubs... wow. The difference is amazing. Also, Playing a 4 piece also makes you focus more. There's fewer distractions with less things to hit.
    Playing new DW's (or any new kit) has to be one of the best "drum things to do"! It's like taking a new car out for a drive the day after you bought it and getting aquatinted with it!

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Mounted the 13" tom with my Sonors, 10" and wow! Switched to my old Speed King, replacing my Speed Cobra and the fun is back!
    I switch off between my Cobra Power-glide and my Pearl Demon Drive pedals, depending on which kit I play. Both are great, but NOT QUITE as pleasing as playing my old Speed King.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Got a new 10 inch splash and kickport

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Installed reso heads on my old Tama Swingstar kit and tuned the toms. Once I finish the bass drum, I'll post pics of the finished restoration.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Did 45 minutes of my lesson from this week and then played a few songs. I taught myself Highway to Hell and played it without a mistake for the first time today.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Ordered drumsticks from Walmart and they came in today. Vater 7A stretch $7.38 free shipping when store pickup is an option.

User Info Menu

Played for the first time with a pair of in ear monitors
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Had rehearsal with a new guitarist tonight. More on the oldies and rockabilly side.

User Info Menu

Ordered another new Roc-n-Soc Lunar throne with nitro lift. I got tired of hauling my old one around from two different rehearsal locations. After spending a few hours on a standard spindle cork-screw type throne, my lower back was stressed and my overall comfort suffered throughout the three hour rehearsal and I never had these issues with the Roc-n-Soc. I found one that included the back rest; normally ordered separately for an additional $50.

$229.95 shipped with the back rest. I can't wait for it to show up!!

User Info Menu

Tried playing open-handed: LOL! Couldn't figure out how to play ghost notes with my right hand while keeping my left on the hats. Thinking of abandoning this idea and put more time into development of my doubles with matched grip.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Tuned 3 snares and still can't decide for this gig I have coming up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goro View Post
    Tuned 3 snares and still can't decide for this gig I have coming up.
    I'm always thinking about which kit I'm going to use on the next gig and how I'm going to set it up. I get all these "ideas". Then it comes time to load up for the gig and I end up just loading the kit that's already packed and ready to go and setting it up the same as I always do, LOL.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

I think I've solidly mastered The Kill. Started jamming to Funk #49 in prep for a Steve Miller Band cover show. Worked through Herta fills a bit with my drum teacher.

User Info Menu

I just got new resonate heads. Got the Generia resonate for the snare and some G1 resonates for my toms. I have a Generia batter on my snare and EC2 batters on the toms already.

I also got a 30 strand PureSound snare wire.

I can't wait to get everything changed over and see how they all sound.
    Last edited by DrumWhipper; 02-25-2017 at 07:52 PM.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

New heads and snares on

20170225_231619.jpg
    20170225_231644.jpg

User Info Menu

Drove to band practice and everyone was a no-show. I get the text at the door with hands full.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goro View Post
    Drove to band practice and everyone was a no-show. I get the text at the door with hands full.
    I hate that. Luckily, I only have 6 blocks to drive and it rarely happens. It's more common to get a text 1hr before practice from someone saying they can't make it. I'm pretty flexible about practice, but it's annoying when it's only once a week...same day, time and place, and someone can't make it or is an hour late because they have laundry or yard work to do. But...that's life.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I hate that. Luckily, I only have 6 blocks to drive and it rarely happens. It's more common to get a text 1hr before practice from someone saying they can't make it. I'm pretty flexible about practice, but it's annoying when it's only once a week...same day, time and place, and someone can't make it or is an hour late because they have laundry or yard work to do. But...that's life.
    Right.. I live about a mile and a half so that is a good thing, I talked to the lead guitarist about 3 hours before and I thought everything was fine. Yes things happen that's life.

User Info Menu

You are going to think this strange. Due to health reasons I have been divesting myself of a lot of equipment because I'm not as active and I can't play as well. I've gotten rid of a snare drum, my prized Zickos drum set, a Pearl drum set, various cymbals, a set of timpani and a xylophone. I'm happy to know that most of this stuff has gone to good homes.

My old college band director's daughter used to live around the corner from me. He, being long retired, and his wife used to visit her fairly often. While visiting her one day, he, nearing the end of his life, called me and asked me to come over. He cleared out a bunch of stuff that was being stored at her house and gave it to me including a set of old Ludwig congas, a set of four Ludwig concert toms, a set of Ludwig brass timbales and an old Paiste 602 20" cymbal.

He has long since passed away but his wife still lives not far from me in a retirement center. His son lives about 70 miles away and comes to visit his mom frequently. The son and I are friends on facebook and I told him to come by and see me the next time he was in town. He did today and I returned all the items I was given except for the timbales which were stolen. Turns out that the son's son is a drummer in his local high school band and is in the jazz band. I'm sure he will make good use of this stuff. I probably could have sold most of this stuff but somehow I felt like it didn't belong to me. Anyway, it makes my heart feel better.
    Drumming is the best psychiatry.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zickos View Post
    You are going to think this strange. Due to health reasons I have been divesting myself of a lot of equipment because I'm not as active and I can't play as well. I've gotten rid of a snare drum, my prized Zickos drum set, a Pearl drum set, various cymbals, a set of timpani and a xylophone. I'm happy to know that most of this stuff has gone to good homes.

My old college band director's daughter used to live around the corner from me. He, being long retired, and his wife used to visit her fairly often. While visiting her one day, he, nearing the end of his life, called me and asked me to come over. He cleared out a bunch of stuff that was being stored at her house and gave it to me including a set of old Ludwig congas, a set of four Ludwig concert toms, a set of Ludwig brass timbales and an old Paiste 602 20" cymbal.

He has long since passed away but his wife still lives not far from me in a retirement center. His son lives about 70 miles away and comes to visit his mom frequently. The son and I are friends on facebook and I told him to come by and see me the next time he was in town. He did today and I returned all the items I was given except for the timbales which were stolen. Turns out that the son's son is a drummer in his local high school band and is in the jazz band. I'm sure he will make good use of this stuff. I probably could have sold most of this stuff but somehow I felt like it didn't belong to me. Anyway, it makes my heart feel better.

An Awesome thing to do!

You're a good man

User Info Menu

Played on a drum forum.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Practised for an hour and a half, switched snares on the kit & repositioned my right crash.
    System of Power

User Info Menu

Bought a new DW 6300UL snare stand,,,,WOW is this thing light..snare stand.jpg snare 1.jpg
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Bought a new DW 6300UL snare stand,,,,WOW is this thing light..snare stand.jpg snare 1.jpg
    Does it feel stable?