Page 40 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by drumsetsnide View Post
    Practiced some songs for band practice tomorrow then jammed out to some fun songs.
    I hope you know what that means, Drumsetsnide...

User Info Menu

It's great Shane, takes away some of the attack and gives a warm sound.

I'm now thinking of experimenting with a woolen sock or faux fur, to get something inbetween the furry and a regular felt beater.

Checked out the Vintage Bomber (the one I saw was made by Vater), looks pretty cool and designed with jazz drummer Otis Brown III. I like!
    Current Set-Up - Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz, Paiste Signature

Damaru - The drum of Shiva.

Hows my drumming? http://soundcloud.com/bilton-grange

Say Hi - http://www.facebook.com/biltongrangemusic

User Info Menu

Went to the drum shop today and bought two Kasza cymbals, 17" and 18" in the "F" (fusion) series. Waiting for some more rides, hi-hats, splashes, china's and splashes to come in. They had a few other crashes and rides from Kasza there but not many. The drum shop sells about 40 of them a month. They fly off the rack. So when they get more in this week I'll go down and band around and compare them against each other to find what I like. Outfitting a practice kit with the Kasza's.

Getting all TAMA Roadpro's to replace the hardware on the "home" kit and taking what's on that kit and using it for the new cymbals for the practice kit.

Then this evening I tried out/practiced with a band I have been asked to play with and that went very well, I got the gig.

All in all G.A.S. set in very heavy and I had a great jam.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    I hope you know what that means, Drumsetsnide...
    Not exactly, you lost me there...

Quote Originally Posted by stick clicker View Post
    have fun man! hope it goes well.
    Thank you. Just got home from meeting them and playing. It was fantastic. I got the gig. Very nice group of guys and gals and really talented.
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro

User Info Menu

Da drm related stuff i did today:

Walked to da studio portion of da house had a serious discussion
    with the drumkit (it's begging for a shorter cable for my remote hi hat
    from 4 ft to 18",,,,) i tried to explain that their sister (the van) has gotten very sic & needs serious medical (mechanical) attention & if thwt doesnt happen i cant take them out to play,,,they pouted about it ,,,then i reminded
    them that if i did go to da drumshop for their cable i would be forced to adopt their new b-i-g sister (sabian 28" aa ride cymbal) and there would be nothin but arguing & fighting & complaining about who got used or who had to sit & wait their turn for daddy's attention....again they pouted & said it was probably best that i didnt go anyway,,,,i promised i would go
    as soon as i could tho.....if i play them tomorrow they said it would be ok,,,

then i'll have another drum related story for da thread tomorrow!!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Bought a used Mapex cymbal stand at GC. The stand I had did not like having a tom attached to it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scott123 View Post
    Bought a used Mapex cymbal stand at GC. The stand I had did not like having a tom attached to it.
    Why not?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    Why not?
    Maybe it had a bad attitude.

User Info Menu

Did lessons this morning, finishing 1pm. Picked up another Roland SPD20 Octopad (without a stand or power pack) for less than AU$600 on Gumtree from one part of Sydney, popped over to a mate's at another part of Sydney to get some mic leads and a mic stand that he was giving away for nothing, and then headed to another part of Sydney to pick up a second hand Ashton drum stool for one of my students (still in pretty good nick) for AU$40.

I'd swear I drove longer than I taught today, lol.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Picked up a few pairs of sticks and a DW drop-clutch.

User Info Menu

Jammed with the guys this evening doing covers but when we're not sure exactly how a tune ends, we end up improvising an extra 10+ min. to the song which was alot of fun exploring, lettin' loose and riding the groove.

User Info Menu

I just spent an hour tuning and practicing. The kit sounds killer! Learned Kryptonite and Tie Your Mother Down.

User Info Menu

PLayed drums with the church band. tried out my new crash with my setup. now my setup is so much more fluid. everything sounds so complete
    DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Remo
    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonpnorris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    I just spent an hour tuning and practicing. The kit sounds killer! Learned Kryptonite and Tie Your Mother Down.
    Nice. I tuned the Superstars last week, nothing drum related today.

I've discovered that I can't play and sing Kryptonite, the timing is just too weird. So one of the guitarists sings it, although I think I sing it better. The drum part isn't hard but in general it annoys me for some reason.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Nice. I tuned the Superstars last week, nothing drum related today.

I've discovered that I can't play and sing Kryptonite, the timing is just too weird. So one of the guitarists sings it, although I think I sing it better. The drum part isn't hard but in general it annoys me for some reason.
    The only wierd part is remerbering that in the middle, the snare part is backwards from the opening lol. And its real easy to speed up in this tune.

User Info Menu

G.A.S. is still getting the best of me. Just bought 4 Tama Roadpro stands and shopped around for some other gear. I could justify it till the cows come home and say I need this "stuff" (as the fiance likes to refer to it) but I like sleeping inside on my bed so...
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumsetsnide View Post
    G.A.S. is still getting the best of me. Just bought 4 Tama Roadpro stands and shopped around for some other gear. I could justify it till the cows come home and say I need this "stuff" (as the fiance likes to refer to it) but I like sleeping inside on my bed so...
    LOL. Fight the good fight.

User Info Menu

Today i recorded a new video.

User Info Menu

I sent northren redneck to my photobucket page to view 52 pictures
    of my drumkits in action....i complained to vistaprint that my bands
    business cards were not delivered to my address as they said on march 5th
    and (sorta ) fixed my van & new tires so da drums can get transported to da next show,,,,pretty full day now im so revved up i cant get to sleep & gotta be up in 4 hrs!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Just took my Zildjian 18" A Custom Medium crash to a machine shop. Need to have about 3/8" taken off her. I must have smacked it the wrong way at my gig last Saturday night and now it has an edge crack. $40 to cut it down and polish the edge. $285 for a new one. We'll see how it goes. Might still end up with a new one after all, but it's worth a try.
    PDP MX Series Drums, Zildjian A Custom cymbals, Tama Simon Phillips Gladiator Signature snare, Roc-N-Soc throne.

User Info Menu

hour and a half of play along with pandora.
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ntn2it View Post
    Just took my Zildjian 18" A Custom Medium crash to a machine shop. Need to have about 3/8" taken off her. I must have smacked it the wrong way at my gig last Saturday night and now it has an edge crack. $40 to cut it down and polish the edge. $285 for a new one. We'll see how it goes. Might still end up with a new one after all, but it's worth a try.
    Did you get the cymbal back.....if so, how does it sound?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Did you get the cymbal back.....if so, how does it sound?
    I just got back from picking it up. Lined it up with my 16", 17" and 19" A Custom crashes and it sounds awesome! It is just a little higher pitched than I remember it being, but the difference is negligable. He did an awesome job and only took off about 3/16".

I would like to make a huge shout out to Jeff at Mill-Tech Machining in New London, Wisconsin for a fabulous job and a fair price. He did the job as promised, on time and even polished the edge to a mirror finish. Great job! I appreciate it so much.

Guys, if you ever get a small edge crack, have it turned down before you keep hitting it and magnifying the problem. This job cost me $40 and was worth every penny. Jeff saved my cymbal and my wallet.
    PDP MX Series Drums, Zildjian A Custom cymbals, Tama Simon Phillips Gladiator Signature snare, Roc-N-Soc throne.

User Info Menu

Yesterday-Got a new Protection Racket bag for one of the snare drums.
    Today-Started breaking down gear to get it packed and loaded up for tonite's show.
    All is good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ntn2it View Post
    I just got back from picking it up. Lined it up with my 16", 17" and 19" A Custom crashes and it sounds awesome! It is just a little higher pitched than I remember it being, but the difference is negligable. He did an awesome job and only took off about 3/16".

I would like to make a huge shout out to Jeff at Mill-Tech Machining in New London, Wisconsin for a fabulous job and a fair price. He did the job as promised, on time and even polished the edge to a mirror finish. Great job! I appreciate it so much.

Guys, if you ever get a small edge crack, have it turned down before you keep hitting it and magnifying the problem. This job cost me $40 and was worth every penny. Jeff saved my cymbal and my wallet.
    Hmm...maybe I should do this. I have a tiny crack on the edge of my china. Maybe 1/8" long.