Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 2,651 to 2,659 of 2659

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

Saturday night, I went out to catch my old band with their new drummer. The band broke up last October due to drama between the singer and bass player. At some point, this spring, they buried the hatchet and started playing with a drummer that the guitar player had been playing with in another band and had known since high school. For whatever reason, they never contacted me to see if I had any interest in coming back. From a technical standpoint, he's a better player than I am, but the groove just wasn't there. They sounded better with me behind the kit, but I might be a bit biased.
    Last edited by weezy; 08-15-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Had to assemble a freshly delivered Yamaha Stage Custom 5 pc in Cranberry. It's beautiful and sounds so good.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Had to assemble a freshly delivered Yamaha Stage Custom 5 pc in Cranberry. It's beautiful and sounds so good.
    Pics please

User Info Menu

I think we should call you Phillips 66 instead of Bish.
    You seem to have abundant reserves of GAS.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Not a damn thing!!
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

User Info Menu

Unpacked and set up the kit from last nights show, and cleaned all the cymbals.
    1976 Tama Imperialstar Saturn 12+1 Platina6,8,10,12,13,14,15,16 concert toms, 16, 18 floor toms, 2-22x18 Bass drums.
    1971 5x14 Ludwig acrolite snare
    Tama metalworks snare 13x6
    DW collectors Maple Blue Glass7x8, 8x10, 9x12 rack toms, 11x14, 13x16 hanging toms, 18x23 bass, 8 and 12 timbale toms, 5.5x10 Ten and Six All Maple snare, 5.5x14 Supersolid snare, DW 9000 rack system, DW 5002 Double bass pedal, DW 5000 Hi-Hat stand, DW 9000 Snare stand.
    Sabian Xs20 cymbals: 16 & 18 crash, 20 ride, 14 hats, 8 splash, 18 china.
    Zildjian cymbals: 21 ride, 15 hats. All '70's era.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Pics please

Forgot I even posted that about the Yammy's.

They are up. The pics are up. More to come. Just changed to Coated G2s from the single ply clears that came on them. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I think we should call you Phillips 66 instead of Bish.
    You seem to have abundant reserves of GAS.

It gets worse or better. Keep watching.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I forget about this thread. So on Sunday I setup some of my kit to start playing again. Been playing ever night since Sunday.
    Conrad

Drum set: CB700 8,10,12,13,14,15 and 16 concert tom 12,13,14 toms. 14X14 16X16 ft. 14X20 bds. 5 1/2 X14 wood snare Zildjian ride hats and crashes. Wuhan china. Looking for and 14X20 Bd mark series round lugs Metallic blue or two 14X22 bass drums.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CB700 View Post
    I forget about this thread. So on Sunday I setup some of my kit to start playing again. Been playing ever night since Sunday.
    Nice!!

I've been in the Beat Barn basically all week getting the Stage Customs ready to gig as well and making room for the new additions. 3 kits on a month. Unbelievable. Tune up my Oaks with the Remo Colortone heads and really diggin' on 'em at the moment.
    Signature here