Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112
Results 2,776 to 2,788 of 2788

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I saw this on another site.

Seriously. How much to ship it to me...even though I still hate you.
    The last one I got a quote for to the U.S was 140. Also a 30% import charge as well :( That's rubbish.
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    The last one I got a quote for to the U.S was 140. Also a 30% import charge as well :( That's rubbish.
    Shiver me timbers, matey. Them thar's Skull and Cross bones talk. High seas pirating.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Shiver me timbers, matey. Them thar's Skull and Cross bones talk. High seas pirating.
    Most definitely :( Sorry I couldn't give you anything to like me more.....
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    Most definitely :( Sorry I couldn't give you anything to like me more.....
    Send me the set. I'll heal.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Still have to do bass drum and grind away crack in cymbal. Looking good so far.

A87402C7-F078-4FB2-B8BA-633718D5E39D.jpg

089DB929-4D59-4930-AF8A-4EDA8C51E733.jpg

User Info Menu

Those are looking great! Can't wait to see the whole set finished.
    Yamaha Stage Custom 22x16, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16 Cranberry Red 14x5 Ludwig Acrolite (1976)
    Zildjian A Custom Hats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17"
    Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch MBX 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16 White Mist 14x6.5 Masters Studio Birch Snare
    Zildjian 14" New Beats, Sabian 22" AA Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash
    Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

User Info Menu

Finished this kit. Ground away cracks in cymbal. I put the top of my boom arm cymbal stand in other tom arm holder spot for the ride.

35256F1D-A2FB-44A2-9039-13BC3BFF99F0.jpg

8D6ECAE8-0D40-4875-AD36-1651C1F18626.jpg

306E983F-3992-45B1-9BD4-EC2B2B38FB44.jpg
    Last edited by Olimpass; 09-19-2020 at 06:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Worked on a difficult 16th triplet lick. Got it down after about 20 minutes, recorded it, listened back and then hated it, lol. It still needs work. Back to the wood shed.
    - Tom

Everyone loves FREE... like this free drum forum. But like your car and even your drums, they require upkeep and maintenance and that requires money.

Will you consider Shopping at Drum Bum to help support this forum?

Or make a donation here.

I know from working with Drum Bum through the years, that this forum is costly to run. It requires server fees, hosting, ongoing moderation, advertising, software upgrades, security certificates and IT work when it breaks. All in addition to the expenses that come from running a business. These costs are offset (hopefully) by members that click through to Drum Bum to make a purchase now and then, if not make a contribution to help keep it running.

On behalf of Drum Bum, thank you for your consideration.

User Info Menu

Try not to make fun but after 40 yrs. of owning my Slingerland kit, for the first time ever I put coated heads 0n the toms! lol. (coated emperors) I've always had clear heads from the Remo clear black dots to the clear pinstripes to Evans genera g2's! I didn't Know what I was missing! They sound so warm and the attack much different. WOW I'm going to enjoy playing my Slingies much better now! lol.DSC02436.jpg TheDSC02435.jpg The snare is a Pork Pie 'BOB' with a Evans HD dry on it. I had a Remo CS on it but way too much ring! The snare sounds great now and very controlled sounding! Love the overall sound!!

User Info Menu

Took my 8" tom completely apart last night. I wanted to reposition the rim hanger so the shell badge faces out. Currently it points to the hi-hat. I need to do that with the 12" tom also. That's a lot of work. You have to remove every lug to move the hanger two lugs over.

So in the process I thought maybe it would be a good idea to give it a good cleaning.....2 hours later, I'm questioning my thought process. Pictures to show the work in progress. I also used a bottle of cleaner, wax that was sent to me by Drum-Bum. See for yourself.

Last edited by Bish; Yesterday at 01:20 PM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

continued...

Signature here

User Info Menu

Continued...

Signature here

User Info Menu

So all in all it went really well. That Crazy John's spray cleaner sold at Drum-Bum really works great. only 6 more drums to go.
    Signature here