Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109
Results 2,701 to 2,708 of 2708

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Went and played as a two piece "band". Guitarist/singer with a twelve string acoustic and me on kick, snare, hats, ride and a crash. It went over well.
    Rich, was this a gig, or are you still practicing together?

Eight years ago, a group of us pastors got together and formed a band, with me on the kit. Gradually, pastors were assigned to other churches, and we got down to me on the kit, and a singer/guitarist. We played a couple of years like that and it was still fun, and it got to where we could practically read each other's mind/movement to know where we were going in a song.

So what drum stuff have I done today? Well in between watching the grandkids, I'll continue working on getting boxes out of my room so that I can get the kit set up (in a small configuration). I've been about 6 weeks without playing now, and I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Rich, was this a gig, or are you still practicing together?

Eight years ago, a group of us pastors got together and formed a band, with me on the kit. Gradually, pastors were assigned to other churches, and we got down to me on the kit, and a singer/guitarist. We played a couple of years like that and it was still fun, and it got to where we could practically read each other's mind/movement to know where we were going in a song.

So what drum stuff have I done today? Well in between watching the grandkids, I'll continue working on getting boxes out of my room so that I can get the kit set up (in a small configuration). I've been about 6 weeks without playing now, and I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms.
    Hi Pastor Bob. This was a gig at a neighboring church that provided their sanctuary as a meeting place for "Celebrate Recovery" which is a faith based 12 step program to sobriety . We played a four song set from our Sunday service after which we sat and listened to a speaker give his account to his path to sobriety. It was a very uplifting event.
    Last edited by late8; 07-31-2019 at 10:28 AM.

User Info Menu

Swapped the reso to an Evans EQ3 with a Kickport to give kick some umph since it will not be micd for the gig coming up on Monday. Id forgotten how well the Kickport helps the bottom end.

The Kickport has a known issue that the inside rubber gasket that holds the port in place against the inside of the reso slips loose during play which creates a rattle. Did a search and found this fix.

Used 5-6 rubber bands around the base of the gasket:

Last edited by late8; 08-01-2019 at 07:15 PM.

User Info Menu

Just put up my new Tama Imperialstar and plan to fine-tune today. I think I'm in love.

I play:

Drums & Hardware: Tama Imperialstar 5pc. Chad Smith Signature Snare by Pearl.

Cymbals: Paiste PST. 14' HH, 16' Crash. Meinl. 20' Ride.

Heads: Evans ST Dry. 14' Evans Hydraulic batter. 8', 10, 14'. Evans Black Resonant and 20' EMAD Black Onyx bass batter.

Sticks: Vic Firth 7A, 5A, 5B. Nylon. Wood.

User Info Menu

Changed the 2 up 1 down from 10, 12 to 12, 14.

Pro: Digging the 14 on top rather than having it down next to the 16 on previous set ups.

Con: Had to raise the throne to keep off the rim on the 14 and not much room below before it bottoms out on the kick.

Last edited by late8; 08-16-2019 at 11:23 AM.

User Info Menu

Restored this lovely. Pearl World Series (WLX) in Natural Matte Lacquer. Second one I have had in two weeks

9Y0A6453 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

^^Wow lovely finish!! Nicely done.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    ^^Wow lovely finish!! Nicely done.
    Thank you. Such a lovely kit
    The Varukers.