Thread: My kit alrough you've probly seen it before

User Info Menu

Default My kit alrough you've probly seen it before

thanks to hellsbells idea of copying the image code I don't have to send you to websites that don't even work thanks HB

User Info Menu

Hey Bro,no offence but rehead and get that bed out of your bass drum!

User Info Menu

No problems dude, it's pretty standard procedure for posting images on forums. Glad to help out though.

You seem to have really beaten the stuffing out of that set. How long have you been playing? And how long has it been since you changed heads?

I'd probably follow p.sleez's advice and buy a new head for your bass drum, it looks about to die.

I'd also recommend buying some Remo Studio (dampening/O rings) Rings, instead of using electrical tape on your skins. They're fairly inexpensive and make a lot of difference, and unless you lose them, it's money well spent. I've had mine for years now.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

I like the T.V. set you have infront of the set. Must make it easier to watch instructional videos and popular shows.

User Info Menu

Dude please don't take offense, but man get rid of the crap in you kick drum, you are completely killing the sound of the drum, also man please get rid of all the tape, if you need help tuning your kit, I will be more than happy to help you, I will even make you videos to help demonstrate, just please get rid of all of that crap that is just choking the life out of you set, let me know if I can help you.

User Info Menu

Wow, uhm, so

Re-head definatly, and learn to tune those things up, theres no correct sound, but theirs a correct way to tune

You dont need to stuff your bass full of crap, Only stick a few smaller things (example, two little pillows for me that i set behind the stabalizing rods so they stay in place)

And drop the tape idea, it makes your kit look like trash

Hope to see a new pic after you fix stuff

(no offence to anyone either)

User Info Menu

Don't worry guys, im not going to take offence of any of your comments.

"Hey Bro,no offence but rehead and get that bed out of your bass drum!"

hey p.sleez, theres a reason why theres a bed in my bass drum:P.. when i was moving down to the basment, i needed to dampen the bass drum, hence all the blankets and the bread board lol..

"You seem to have really beaten the stuffing out of that set. How long have you been playing? And how long has it been since you changed heads?

I'd probably follow p.sleez's advice and buy a new head for your bass drum, it looks about to die.

I'd also recommend buying some Remo Studio (dampening/O rings) Rings, instead of using electrical tape on your skins. They're fairly inexpensive and make a lot of difference, and unless you lose them, it's money well spent. I've had mine for years now."

Well..hellsbells, iv had my kid for about 7 months, never changed my skins ever. and also the remo dampening rings i was planning on buying once I bought some decent skins, but i thought, there crappy no name skins so why not use the electricsl tape, Im just praticing so i dont reeally have a need to improve the sound of it just yet.

"Dude please don't take offense, but man get rid of the crap in you kick drum, you are completely killing the sound of the drum, also man please get rid of all the tape, if you need help tuning your kit, I will be more than happy to help you, I will even make you videos to help demonstrate, just please get rid of all of that crap that is just choking the life out of you set, let me know if I can help you."

and drumbum, I followed your steps for tuning a while back, and i tuned them just the way you did.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin
    "Dude please don't take offense, but man get rid of the crap in you kick drum, you are completely killing the sound of the drum, also man please get rid of all the tape, if you need help tuning your kit, I will be more than happy to help you, I will even make you videos to help demonstrate, just please get rid of all of that crap that is just choking the life out of you set, let me know if I can help you."

and drumbum, I followed your steps for tuning a while back, and i tuned them just the way you did.

So why do you have all the tape and all the stuff in the kick? What happened?

User Info Menu

When I first started out I used to do the same thing you did. But trust me when I tell you that you want to have some resonant tone out of your drums. The punch you hear on a recording is just that. The way it's processed and mixed in a recording. If you go and mic that kick either in a recording setting or a show setting, it will sound like you are hitting wet cardboard. Let those things ring some. If you want to dampen the kick some I really reccoment the aquarian super kick 2 batter head. It has a muffeling ring in the head that muffles some but not too much.

User Info Menu

Lafirin, I love you and this is the funniest thread I have ever read. I am dying over here...You guys are so funny...ROFL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    So why do you have all the tape and all the stuff in the kick? What happened?
    The tape is holding up the peice of wood inside my beater to dampen the sound to nothing, that was only temporary because my neighbor wanted zero sound comming from my drum set, but iv worked things out now though so i dont need it anymore. Theres also tape on the outside of my beater because a dent is devoloping where the pedal hits the skin. im getting it all fixed soon. drummania isnt my drum set commical LOL

User Info Menu

Like El Presidente was saying theirs no need to dampen that much ever. Your drums resonating is good. Also I have the remo rings for my drums but I rarely use them, if you tune right you shouldn't need it, especially on the snare, I never dampen my snare.

User Info Menu

well the dampening was just temporary because of noise complaints. thanks for the input though guys

User Info Menu

Default Re: My kit alrough you've probly seen it before

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post

And drop the tape idea, it makes your kit look like trash

(no offence to anyone either)
    Um his kit makes his kit look like trash. But if you put some nice wraps on her then she'd be oh so sexy even if shes still is a budget pearl lookin kit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by timezoner View Post
    Um his kit makes his kit look like trash. But if you put some nice wraps on her then she'd be oh so sexy even if shes still is a budget pearl lookin kit.

does it really matter as long as he has something to play on !
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Amen Dustin!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58 View Post
    I'd also recommend buying some Remo Studio (dampening/O rings) Rings, instead of using electrical tape on your skins. They're fairly inexpensive and make a lot of difference, and unless you lose them, it's money well spent. I've had mine for years now.

HB58
    I threw my O-rings away in favour of some good, old-fashioned tape (on my old kit). If you have the need to get rid of some of the ring, but not too much... I find you have a bit more control over it with tape as you can put as little or as much as you want wherever you want, and most people only see the front of the kit anyway.

User Info Menu

well yes Dustin that is true. I posted a pic of my kit co's I'm proud of it. Maybe Lafarin is as pleased as punch of his kit as I am of mine.

User Info Menu

May I recommend some bright colored tapes and use designer blankies and pillows. Just kidding man! I also did that when I was starting but I've moved on.