Drum Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: marko's band

User Info Menu

Default Re: marko's band

Had band practice last night. We've had 3 weeks off b/c our guitar player has been in VA for a college course. Felt good to jam. Everything went well.

Show tonight! Should be awesome!

User Info Menu

Good luck Marko.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Good luck Marko.
    Thank you, brother. I'm so sore right now. Arms and legs. We brought the ruckus hard last night! By far our best, most intense show. But man, I can hardly move this morning.

The kit sounded awesome! I had a ton of folks come up to me after words asking about the kit and telling me how good my drums sounded. That felt great. And boy does that finish look nice under good stage lights.

Unfortunately pictures and video are lacking. There was a lot of confusion during load-in. The opening band didn't show until about 10 minutes before show time so we got bumped up (which sucked)...but it did allow me to snap a couple pics.

User Info Menu

Way to go MARKO, Show everybody out there us PA boys can rock

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderjig View Post
    Way to go MARKO, Show everybody out there us PA boys can rock
    Thanks brother! Where are you located?

User Info Menu

Hey Marko your kit looks awesome and I am glad you had a good time. Muscles aches etc is a sign of a good workout behind the drums. Good luck on your next gig man. I visited your website and noticed the drums are different from the ones in your gig last night. Did you get yourself a new set and what kind are you using.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 06-05-2011 at 11:34 AM.

User Info Menu

VERY sweet dude. that kit does look amazing.

dude the load in stuff and the bands being late seems like a never ending problem.

you guys were due to open??? or just got bumped up one slot? i always liked being bumped up because the closer we get to the headliner, the bigger the crowd usually is.

great to hear that you guys tore it up man, id love to have a gig with you guys, our bands would mix together very well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Thanks brother! Where are you located?
    I'm about 10 miles north of Philadelphia.

User Info Menu

Hey Marko your kit looks awesome and I am glad you had a good time. Muscles aches etc is a sign of a good workout behind the drums. Good luck on your next gig man. I visited your website and noticed the drums are different from the ones in your gig last night. Did you get yourself a new set and what kind are you using.
    Thanks man. Got a Tama Starclassic kit about 3 weeks ago. The ones in the pictures on the website are Tama Swingstars. HUGE difference in sound.

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    VERY sweet dude. that kit does look amazing.

dude the load in stuff and the bands being late seems like a never ending problem.

you guys were due to open??? or just got bumped up one slot? i always liked being bumped up because the closer we get to the headliner, the bigger the crowd usually is.

great to hear that you guys tore it up man, id love to have a gig with you guys, our bands would mix together very well.
    There were 3 bands on the bill. We were supposed to play the middle slot...which is right where we like to be. Instead the opening band pulled some BS and showed up 15 minutes before the doors opened and said their drummer worked until 1030pm so they had to headline.

Obviously we and the original headliner were pretty irritated.

If you guys ever get toward central PA let me know! We'll get something set up!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderjig View Post
    I'm about 10 miles north of Philadelphia.
    Nice man. I'm out that way for work occasionally. I was in Bucks County a couple weeks ago.

User Info Menu

There were 3 bands on the bill. We were supposed to play the middle slot...which is right where we like to be. Instead the opening band pulled some BS and showed up 15 minutes before the doors opened and said their drummer worked until 1030pm so they had to headline.

Obviously we and the original headliner were pretty irritated.

If you guys ever get toward central PA let me know! We'll get something set up!
    geez man talk about un-professional! it actually has happend to us before also, it is the most annoying thing dude! bad planning on their part, does not constitute an emergency on our part. if someone cant make arrangements, and handle a job and a band at the same time, then its time to make a decision!

we had this problem about 10 years ago. the cure for us was dont book shows on weekdays unless its someone huge. we havent had a problem since.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    geez man talk about un-professional! it actually has happend to us before also, it is the most annoying thing dude! bad planning on their part, does not constitute an emergency on our part. if someone cant make arrangements, and handle a job and a band at the same time, then its time to make a decision!

we had this problem about 10 years ago. the cure for us was dont book shows on weekdays unless its someone huge. we havent had a problem since.
    I think they were just trying to big time the venue b/c they were supposed to open. I get that no one wants to open but that's the slot they were given.

We try to avoid weekday shows too. Unfortunately this was a Saturday night. And it was booked MONTHS ago. I think we booked this in late March or early April so thats more than enough time to make work arrangements for someone.

They caused everyone a ton of headaches. The sound guy was pissed. The promotor was pissed. Total hassle b/c they didn't want the opening slot. Well, we didn't want that slot either, but we killed. Played our best show to date....for about 20 people.

Though, on a positive note. 2 of my brothers and my mom came to the show, so that was cool.

User Info Menu

Thank you, brother. I'm so sore right now. Arms and legs. We brought the ruckus hard last night! By far our best, most intense show. But man, I can hardly move this morning.

The kit sounded awesome! I had a ton of folks come up to me after words asking about the kit and telling me how good my drums sounded. That felt great. And boy does that finish look nice under good stage lights.

Unfortunately pictures and video are lacking. There was a lot of confusion during load-in. The opening band didn't show until about 10 minutes before show time so we got bumped up (which sucked)...but it did allow me to snap a couple pics.

Sweet pics man! The kit looks amazing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Sweet pics man! The kit looks amazing!
    Thanks brother!

User Info Menu

Here are a couple crappy cell pictures from the show. HUGE stage and a killer light and sound system. Low turnout but...we slayed!

User Info Menu

Here is a vid taken with our singer's iPhone. Audio/video is pretty dang good! I've posted this song before. It's one of our oldest but also one of our favorites. My drumming was just a little sloppy. This was the 2nd to last song and I was BEAT! Also our first gig after a 3 week lay off.

Check out the massive stick toss at 0:03!!!! I actually caught it on the way back down. Any of you guys that do this know that when you throw them that high it's 50/50 whether you're getting it back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0kyes9GZ7g"]YouTube - ‪Meet At Sundown - The South (Rock Kat)‬‏[/ame]

User Info Menu

Wow you weren't kidding about the audio, it came out remarkably well compared to most cellphone recordings i've heard. Could it be a special version of an iphone perhaps, maybe with an upgraded or added on mic? Drums sounded absolutely beast, cut through the mix very clearly perhaps the most with the snare. Even the video quality came out looking mint, a nice amount of detail. Playing was great all around, good job.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Wow you weren't kidding about the audio, it came out remarkably well compared to most cellphone recordings i've heard. Could it be a special version of an iphone perhaps, maybe with an upgraded or added on mic? Drums sounded absolutely beast, cut through the mix very clearly perhaps the most with the snare. Even the video quality came out looking mint, a nice amount of detail. Playing was great all around, good job.
    Thanks brother. Just a normal iPhone 4. The snare does cut pretty well. That was my first show with the Starclassics. I'm pretty happy with them!

User Info Menu

Here is a vid taken with our singer's iPhone. Audio/video is pretty dang good! I've posted this song before. It's one of our oldest but also one of our favorites. My drumming was just a little sloppy. This was the 2nd to last song and I was BEAT! Also our first gig after a 3 week lay off.

Check out the massive stick toss at 0:03!!!! I actually caught it on the way back down. Any of you guys that do this know that when you throw them that high it's 50/50 whether you're getting it back.

YouTube - ‪Meet At Sundown - The South (Rock Kat)‬‏
    Bumpskis for anyone who didn't see it. Check out the STARCLASSICS!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0kyes9GZ7g"]YouTube - ‪Meet At Sundown - The South (Rock Kat)‬‏[/ame]

User Info Menu

Kit is spectacular. BTW..........you're pretty good too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Kit is spectacular. BTW..........you're pretty good too.
    ha! Thank you.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Great article, congrats on the mention.
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jordison515 View Post
    Great article, congrats on the mention.
    Thanks man!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Pretty awesome, I thought. Thanks for checking it out!