Thread: Quick and safe way to clean new complete kit?.

User Info Menu

Default Quick and safe way to clean new complete kit?.

I'm looking for a quick & safe way to clean up my new complete kit?.

I've only played my kit one time and my cymbals already have a ton of (nylon) stick marks and some fingerprints.
    I'd like a quick, safe and easy way to maintain a newish look on my cymbals if it exists.
    Anyone know what works well for my minor problem?.

I also need an easy, safe and quick way to shine up and maintain my lacquer shells and chrome hardware (lugs and stands...etc.) all in one shot.
    Its too hard to use two different products on the shells and the chrome lugs and hardware. Youre always gonna get both products on both parts anyway so there must be a good product to use on both lacquer and chrome.

Anyone have any good tips for me?.
    I'm leaning towards Pledge but is it safe and will it work on everything?.
    HHMMMM!...FIRE BAAAADD!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Quick and safe way to clean new complete kit?.

Not too sure about the drums, I always use a microfiber cloth for dust once a week to keep it looking shiny.
    As for the cymbals, Paiste and Zildjian both have great cleaners that are easy to use.
    Anything else you find like Brasso will not agree with a brilliant finish on bronze and will remove labels.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

Larrysperf Guest

Load them on a flat bed or pick up and drive them trew a car wash lol. But the best wat is a good soft cloth for drums and hoops and a good cymbal cleaner if you want that new look all the time . But logos will wear off. Dont use pledge as it goes yellow. Use a good automotive wax and chrome cleaner. Meguires makes some really good stuff

User Info Menu

as above mentioned micro fibre is awesome

best thing you can do is use no chemicals

User Info Menu

Soapy water with a little vinegar mixed in for the the drums shells. Use that solution and dampen a cloth - then wipe the kit down gently.

Keep ammonia products off of your shells.

Finish off with some furniture spray (Pledge) for a nice shine.

You can use Windex type window cleaner on the stands, rims,and lugs if you are careful....but try to use the ammonia free stuff.
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.