Thread: 6ft DrumS(ch)ticks

User Info Menu

Default 6ft DrumS(ch)ticks

I'm not sure how valid this is or true for that matter but before I started playing drums I remember hearing about a German drummer who used 6ft long drum sticks on a kit. I saw it on a human interest column in a paper.
    Has anyone else heard of this?
    I'm not a fan of rumors so i'm just telling you all I know. It may or may not be true!

User Info Menu

That guy was a show off - all of us cool cats used the five foot long sticks.
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

Lol... Drum Bum carries the giant drumsticks (3 ft.) as a novelty but I doubt anyone trys to play drums with them. It would be kinda hard.

http://store.drumbum.com/sku-STK-25.html

User Info Menu

Cool 6ft DrumS(ch)ticks

I'm tellin' ya, size doesn't matter...as long as you make the most of what ya got!

remember, I'm referring to drumsticks here...uh oh...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    I'm tellin' ya, size doesn't matter...as long as you make the most of what ya got!

remember, I'm referring to drumsticks here...uh oh...
    heheheheheheheheheheheheh

User Info Menu

hey didn't Tommy Chong use those on his Ludwig Vistalites?
    PLEASE PLAY RESPONSIBLY.... DON'T DRINK AND DRUM!!

My Kit: Vintage Ludwig Classic Maple 26 kick 14, 16, 18 toms, Paiste 2002 Cymbals, Paiste Giant Beat 15" Hats