Thread: Old tenors and bass questions

User Info Menu

Default Old tenors and bass questions

Our drumline instructor recently got fired due to his foul mouth and lack of a sense of what's right and wrong, so we cleaned out our percussion room. We had old equipment galore in there, so we gave away 2 tenors, 17 bass drums and over 200 heads and a snare.
    I got 1 of those tenors and 3 bass drums. The tenors are pearls, but i don't know the age. They have a V like shape in the front. One of the bass's is a dynasty, which is a 28" and only has one problem, the wrap is peeling, but other than that, it's in very nice condition. where the wrap is peeling is where your tote and you would go anyways, so it's not a biggy. The second bass drum has no wrap and no finish or indication of a brand anywhere. It's only a 14"!
    The final bass is the biggy. It's a vintage Slingerland Drum. I didn't know this at first because someone had put a dynasty decal on it. But looking at the badge, it's a slingerland alright, but it's got some problems. I have hoops for it, i don't know if they're original. I don't have any of the drum lugs and i don't have any screws. It also needs a clean and i need some advice on that, especially on the inside, where it has glue residue from foam dampening material.
    I just need to know where to buy vintage parts and how to clean them.
    And how do i get permission to post attatchments?
    Drums:
    A ???? jazz set ( yet to be discovered, it's debadged ) with a Tama singstar 10" tom, a 12", 13" and a 16" floor tom all with internal dampeners all held up by a tama power tower rack, a percussion plus 14" snare, a set of custom k high hats and a Ludwig Speed King bass drum pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Old tenors and bass questions

You cant post attatchments, You need to use a host site like Photobucket, Copy the URL and paste it to the link icon just above the reply box(the link looks like a pic of a mountain).

As far as parts go there are alot of sites to get them from and I'm sure the price will very dramaticlly. maybe put a listing on CL for parts needed. There are also vintage drum sites that offer used vintage parts.

Awesome score! F/T

User Info Menu

Congrats on the grab!

For vintage equipment, try your local drum dealer. If no luck, ebay might help.

For nuts, look at the kind you need and go to Ace/Home Depot/Menards/etc. Trust me, they'll probably have it.

For Screws, again, local drum dealer, or G/C. All screws are one and the same.

As far as cleaning goes, what finish does it have?
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    Congrats on the grab!
    As far as cleaning goes, what finish does it have?
    It has a Black Wrap finish
    Drums:
    A ???? jazz set ( yet to be discovered, it's debadged ) with a Tama singstar 10" tom, a 12", 13" and a 16" floor tom all with internal dampeners all held up by a tama power tower rack, a percussion plus 14" snare, a set of custom k high hats and a Ludwig Speed King bass drum pedal

User Info Menu

Here's some pics
    The Slingerland Bass. What do you think i could get out of this when fixed up?

And the Pearl Tenors. Notice the V i was talking about

Drums:

User Info Menu

I haven't seen much demand for marching equipment. I'd say fix it up and keep it if you can. Those quads would make a cool addition to any kit. HAHA oh man, you could mount them on a rack over that slingerland bass. Get an extra long beater so you can hit the drum in the middle. And an old ludwig field snare. That would make a rockin kit.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Here's one of the other bass drums i got. I'm going to get the other hoop and hooks on monday

the one and only problem with it

Drums: