Thread: Roland SPD-S

User Info Menu

Default Roland SPD-S

I've recently been looking into getting a Roland SPD-S to add to my accoustic kit. Anyone own or have any experience with one? I found a good deal on a used one with a hard case, mount, and flash card for $350. Is it worth it?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland SPD-S

I have one and like it alot. I use it to also trigger our band's DMX light show using the midi out. So the light show is always in time with us and we don't need an extra person running lights. I have recorded myself playing precussion instruments on my Roland TDW-20 to the SPD-S and assigned that to a pad on the SPD-S. So now I can still play the normal drum beat and fills with my kit and play my precussion parts at the same time from the SPD-S. Cheating, but it is still Me, Myself & I doing all those parts. I say get it! You can always sell it if you don't like it.

SD
    Premier Genista kit - (2) 16"x22" kicks, 8", 10", 12", 16", 18", 5" Brass piccolo - assortment of Sabian AA, AAX & HandHammered cymbals - Gibraltor rack - DW 5000 & 7000 pedals - DW 5000 cable hi-hat

Sonar A2E kit Force 2003 converted to Vdrums - Roland TDW-20 - Roland SPD-S

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland SPD-S

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon D View Post
    I say get it! You can always sell it if you don't like it.

SD
    This is usually my philosphy on all the gear I buy, though lately the sellers market has been extremely tough. I've had a hard time getting rid of some things lately, good stuff too, had to bring it down to rock bottom prices to move it. I'm on the fence with this one, I want it, but I don't know how bad I want it.

I appreciate your input Shannon, thanks for the review!