Thread: What should I buy?

User Info Menu

Default What should I buy?

Hello guys. First of all my name is Andrew and im new here and I was wondering if you help me out. I want to by new heads for my drums but I don't know whether to buy hydraulic heads or regular heads with muting rings. What should I do?

User Info Menu

Default Re: What should I buy?

whatever you think sounds good, go on youtube and look up those heads and see if you like their characteristics good luck

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum andrew. Alot of options in the head dept. Coated, clear, thick, thin, and then dampening. What did you have before? What set are you using. That info would very much help us help you. I have coated on all drums except the bass. I had hydraulics before that and loved them. I believe my next set of heads will be single ply clears. F/T

User Info Menu

I would suggest G2's if you are interested in a bit of muting. I had G2's with a little piece of moongel and they sounded great and open. Now I have the EC2's which basically the G2's with a built muffling called Edge control around the inside of the skin so no more moongel on my heads. HOpe this helps.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your help guys