Thread: Swapping....

User Info Menu

Default Swapping....

Can I swap my remo ambassador batters to the resonate side, and put on pinstripes or emperors (either clear or coated) with no ill effects???
    Also is it good to match the resonates with the batters??

Thank you oh so very much!

=
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

ThePloughman Guest

Default Re: Swapping....

Sure you can, but are you going to like pinstripes?

User Info Menu

ummm...uh oh..What do you mean? *looks around nervously*
    Is there a reason I shouldn't like them? Also, are emperors better?
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Absolutely no problem with putting Ambassadors on the resonant side, it's pretty much the standard reso head.

Pinstripes give a pretty dead sound, so they're not for everyone. They cut out a lot of the resonance of the drum. But tons of people swear by them...they're not any better or worse than other heads, just a different sound.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Sure you can, if they're not too beat up!
    Last edited by backtodrum; 11-21-2010 at 06:39 PM.

User Info Menu

+1. Ambassadors make great reso heads, USED Ambassadors make terrible reso heads.

User Info Menu

What do you mean by "beat up"? Like ripped or something? Because the previous owner stabbed one of the ambassador batters...STABBED! There are no holes, just a lot of good sized dents... What about single ply attack resonates? Is it ok to use the ambassador batters if they just have stick marks? Also, what about stock heads that come with the kit? Are they ok?
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumRookie View Post
    What do you mean by "beat up"? Like ripped or something? Because the previous owner stabbed one of the ambassador batters...STABBED! There are no holes, just a lot of good sized dents... What about single ply attack resonates? Is it ok to use the ambassador batters if they just have stick marks? Also, what about stock heads that come with the kit? Are they ok?
    -Beat up- that means dents- if they're dented, they need replacing.
    - "single ply attack resonates"- don't understand the statement- single ply heads give more attack and resonate longer
    -stick marks- no problems there
    stock heads- what kit? what heads? not enough info to give an informed opinion-my Mapex came with clear ambassadors, top and bottom- good heads- like Yohin said i think clear ambos are very common on kits....

User Info Menu

I agree with Yohin most kits do come with Remo Abassasadors on batter and reso that is just the norm. Once established then you are free to experiment with different heads. Myself like the 2 plies on batter and single on reso more warm sound not so boingy.

User Info Menu

Sorry for the misunderstanding, AttackŪ Brand Single Ply Clear Drum Heads.
    And thanks for letting me know to replace them! Oh and the stock resos that came with the kit are CB700 Clear Drum heads (resos) and they have some kind of dot on the outside of them. Just out of sheer curiousity, what does dents do to the sound? And I pretty much ruled out that I'm going to use emperors on the batters, with the ambassadors that I use as batters (the ones without the dents) on the reso side. Unless you think the CB700 ones are better for the reso than the ambassadors.
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-