Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: im leavin DC too.

User Info Menu

Default im leavin DC too.

I'm leaving drumchat.
    Thanks everyone, for everything that you've taught me about drumming.

..and some other completely random stuf. Thanks soo much!
    Good luck to you all with music, I hope you can all do something with music, somehow.

This is my last thread. For any questions, email me.

Thanks again.

-lezzle
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

I miss the old drum chat when it was just drum related topics and the occasional game.

Now it seems like every other thread is random, or religous.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

i know whatt you mean i start one thread and now all these bull threads its pathic

User Info Menu

I've addressed this here.

User Info Menu

I've been thinking about this one a bit. Yeah, I know, you could smell the bearings burning. Very droll!

Seriously, while it is true that the Christian Drummers forum is very active and we talk about pretty much everything under the sun, why should that be a problem? Is there limited space on Drum Chat? Are the posts on Christian Drummers crowding out those in other forums? When I post in Christian Drummers, am I holding someone else up from posting elsewhere on this site? Are those who post in Christain Drummers deleting posts from other forums, or boycotting other forums? What exactly does the level of traffic in this forum and the topics discussed have to do with those who want to talk about other things in other places?

As far as I can tell, it boils down to one thing; controll. Some people just want to tell other people what to do. Wheter it's "hey, don't type in that color" or "stop talking about keytars" these folks have to be in controll of those around them. Pitty.

As to there not being enough drum talk, I agree. But I must say that some of those who are complaining about the content here are not exactly blazing a trail of percussive knowledge. If you want to talk about drums and drumming, you need to start a conversation and keep it going. Otherwise, you're just along for the ride.

User Info Menu

there is only so much drum talk that the dozen or so of us that accually talk drums can do. i myself try to (and am happy to) answer nearly every drum question out there, on an almost daily basis. however that is about five or six posts a day. not enuff. not saying anything bad about the religious section, but as long as it gets more attention than drum posts (why people come here to begin with) it will turn new comers away. it is those new comers that will keep this place alive. experienced drummers will see that there is no drum knowlege to gain here, in return they wont stick around to help answer typical newb Qs that keep the new members here.

User Info Menu

Ok, but maybe it takes more than just saying one is ready and willing to answer questions. I'm no drum expert, but I have started threads where I put forth a question or solicited input from others on questions I thought were being asked. Sometimes you have to be proactive. You can't just sit back a wait for the website you want to form itself out of the virtual primordial spoup (hehe, couldn't help myself).

User Info Menu

rd you dont count. looking thru 6 pages of posts by you the only one that had anything to do with drums was the barefoot or socks thread and your only input was about BTGs birkenstocks.

User Info Menu

Bye Lezzle!! Good Luck!!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    rd you dont count. looking thru 6 pages of posts by you the only one that had anything to do with drums was the barefoot or socks thread and your only input was about BTGs birkenstocks.
    Yeah, I went back and looked at the threads I've started. Most of them were silly stuff, although I thought the one on lessons was pretty good as well as the one about drummer's experience with Berkly.

User Info Menu

Some of you are making unfair assumptions. Look man, I've been a member of many forums through the years. Let me clear up a few things:

1. In your "average" forum, there are always a dozen or more members that do most of the posting.
    2. This isn't Pearl Drummers Forum (the most popular drum forum on the net). There will not be 500 people posting every day. Drum Chat is only a year old folks. Surprisingly; for 1 year old, our attendance and amount of posts is impressive! Put in "drummers forum", "drumming forum", or "drums forum" in Google and you'll see that Drum Chat is on the first page every time. This says something for the activity here.
    3. There is a "ton" of drum information here. I was talking to a newbie just the other night in the shoutbox that was commenting on the amount of drum information here. He said he has spent a "great" deal of time learning from this site. Just because there are not 100 fresh "drum-related" posts here every day, does not mean that this site is not useful.
    4. Not all activity are member posts. The reason the "guest" number is often high is because a lot of people are just not interested in the social aspect of the forum. They visit...lurk...and just get what they need out of the forum at arms length. This goes on with every forum.
    5. You may be interested in knowing that I have been a member of another group for over 10 years now. It is one of the more established forums on the net and even after all these years, there are only 12 to 15 people that do most of the posting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    m. [*]You may be interested in knowing that I have been a member of another group for over 10 years now. [/LIST]
    I am shocked and outraged!

Dude, you're doing a fantastic job by the way. Just keep draining the swamp nevermind the alligators.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Some of you are making unfair assumptions. Look man, I've been a member of many forums through the years. Let me clear up a few things:

1. In your "average" forum, there are always a dozen or more members that do most of the posting.
    2. This isn't Pearl Drummers Forum (the most popular drum forum on the net). There will not be 500 people posting every day. Drum Chat is only a year old folks. Surprisingly; for 1 year old, our attendance and amount of posts is impressive! Put in "drummers forum", "drumming forum", or "drums forum" in Google and you'll see that Drum Chat is on the first page every time. This says something for the activity here.
    3. There is a "ton" of drum information here. I was talking to a newbie just the other night in the shoutbox that was commenting on the amount of drum information here. He said he has spent a "great" deal of time learning from this site. Just because there are not 100 fresh "drum-related" posts here every day, does not mean that this site is not useful.
    4. Not all activity are member posts. The reason the "guest" number is often high is because a lot of people are just not interested in the social aspect of the forum. They visit...lurk...and just get what they need out of the forum at arms length. This goes on with every forum.
    5. You may be interested in knowing that I have been a member of another group for over 10 years now. It is one of the more established forums on the net and even after all these years, there are only 12 to 15 people that do most of the posting.
    I love this forum! I get great tips and advice from all of you. When or where would I ever be able to talk to this many drummers on a regular basis? I don't always have questions but I know you are all here when I need you and because I consider all of you friends I also want to talk about different things besides drumming. At first I came here to use all of you, of course... All I wanted was your knowledge of drumming and experiences. However, now, I feel like I've made so many friends and I want to talk about other things, music, TV, movies, nonsense, making stories, hobbies, family, etc...... I've chatted with many of you and I've had such a great time. I appreciate all of you and this forum...... I know I wouldn’t be doing so well with my drumming if it weren’t for all of you and this forum, so thanks……..

I also want to say Thanks for moderating drummer; you are very much valued and respected, I just wanted to let you know that.

User Info Menu

i think your fooling yourself drummer, the reason we are at the top of the list when you do a search is not because of the activity on the site, but by the number of hits we get. that, compared to the amount of posts, just does not add up. we dont need a hundred new posts a day. that was not what i was saying. we have less than 10 new threads a day, and i dont think that is enuff. and i dont think it is enuff for the average net surfing drummer to want to stick around.
    i am not saying this is a bad site, just think it could be better.

User Info Menu

this goes without saying that i also ENJOY this site and friendships made in here. again dont take any of my statements as attack. if i didnt want things to be better here i would not even take the time to give my input.

User Info Menu

I think there are a couple of topics we could rehash more for the benefit of newbies and lurkers:

1) lessons/finding a teacher.

2) what makes a good drummer (i.e. fundamentals vs good hair)

3) quality equipment at reasonable prices. I really know where the dollar cut-off is with guitars between junk and decent stuff. But after all this time here, I still couldn't tell you if you can get a decent new kit for $350.00, or if you have to spend at least $800 to get something that's not junk. There's too much of the "by Pearl 'cause I have Pearl" stuff (IMO).

4) how to network. Drums is the worst instument in the world for a soloist.

5) finding gigs

These are just a few off the top of my head. Anyway, I still say that it's up to us to make this site what we want it to be. Adding or deleting any given forum is not where it's at (IMO).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    I think there are a couple of topics we could rehash more for the benefit of newbies and lurkers:

3) quality equipment at reasonable prices. I really know where the dollar cut-off is with guitars between junk and decent stuff. But after all this time here, I still couldn't tell you if you can get a decent new kit for $350.00, or if you have to spend at least $800 to get something that's not junk. There's too much of the "by Pearl 'cause I have Pearl" stuff (IMO).

5) finding gigs

These are just a few off the top of my head. Anyway, I still say that it's up to us to make this site what we want it to be. Adding or deleting any given forum is not where it's at (IMO).
    hellz yeah!!!! thats what i'm talkin' bout

User Info Menu

as far as deleting that section, its not up to me to ask anyone not to discuss it. i only ask that we put MORE focus into drums than religion or politics. heck those topics start REAL wars, forget about internet flame wars. i dont think that it would be out of line to suggest that christian drummers be somehow combined with off topic. a continual christian drummers thread in off topic would prolly suffice for now and if there is a big demand in the future when there are ALOT more people in the forum then take a vote and bring it back.
    again just opinions and suggestions not personal attacks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    I also want to say Thanks for moderating drummer; you are very much valued and respected, I just wanted to let you know that.
    Thank you Susan.

User Info Menu

...the reason we are at the top of the list when you do a search is not because of the activity on the site, but by the number of hits we get. that, compared to the amount of posts, just does not add up. we dont need a hundred new posts a day. that was not what i was saying. we have less than 10 new threads a day, and i dont think that is enuff. and i dont think it is enuff for the average net surfing drummer to want to stick around.
    i am not saying this is a bad site, just think it could be better.
    That's fair Funky. So.... we'll do it better! I'm open to all suggestions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    *wipes brown spot from drum_chicks nose*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris

5) finding gigs

Thanks for the input RD, and I noticed you've already turned a couple of these into threads.

User Info Menu

as far as deleting that section, its not up to me to ask anyone not to discuss it. i only ask that we put MORE focus into drums than religion or politics. heck those topics start REAL wars, forget about internet flame wars. i dont think that it would be out of line to suggest that christian drummers be somehow combined with off topic. a continual christian drummers thread in off topic would prolly suffice for now and if there is a big demand in the future when there are ALOT more people in the forum then take a vote and bring it back.
    again just opinions and suggestions not personal attacks.
    I appreciate your comments and am actively discussing this with admin as we speak.

User Info Menu

I just gotta say, everytime we have one of these little blow-ups, we seem to come out of it stronger. While it's a shame to loose longstanding members, it's cool to see others redoubling their efforts to make this a better web site. You gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet.

User Info Menu

consideration is all i ask man, again proving yourself a kind and just supermod.