Thread: So who's seen the Lion King?

User Info Menu

Default So who's seen the Lion King?

I mean the musical of it. I went to see it a couple days ago, and I didn't even enter the theater when I saw these amazing congas, timbales, bongos, toys, traps, there's probably things they had that I don't think BongoBro can name. It was amazing, especially (of course) during the drum breaks.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Default Re: So who's seen the Lion King?

How cool would it be to be a pit percussionist for a Broadway show?!?

User Info Menu

One of my former drum corps snare players started out as a percussionist for Blue Man Group and now is one of the actual blue heads in the New York cast. Not a bad career to have...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    One of my former drum corps snare players started out as a percussionist for Blue Man Group and now is one of the actual blue heads in the New York cast. Not a bad career to have...
    Man that would be cool, I almost tried out for Blue Man a few years ago. They were doing auditions in town, but at the time I was heavily focused on hand drumming and my stick chops just weren't up to speed, I wish I had tried out just for the heck of it though.

User Info Menu

Must of been quite the sight! The only large orchestrated event I've attended was "A Night with The Moody Blues". Like you, I was amazed at the percussion section.

User Info Menu

Listen to the Dutch Cast version of "He Lives In You". One of my favorite pieces of all time both drums and percussion related.

I did auditon for the blue guys to when i was to young :p

User Info Menu

Did I read wrong or was Phil Collins involved also in the writing of the musical, and not just supplied the music for the animated movie?
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Cool Re: So who's seen the Lion King?

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    I mean the musical of it. I went to see it a couple days ago, and I didn't even enter the theater when I saw these amazing congas, timbales, bongos, toys, traps, there's probably things they had that I don't think BongoBro can name. It was amazing, especially (of course) during the drum breaks.
    Well, you left out djembes and doumbeks, which are often use in African-style music! Couldn't resist a response to that one, CB! Broadway shows and concerts often have a complete arsenal of percussion to handle just about any musical theme (and I must admit bein' the percussion man in the orchestra pit is a dream job for just about any drummer!)...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck