Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Last Post you will Ever See From Me

User Info Menu

Default Official Last Post you will Ever See From Me

This was my last night on drumchat.

And now this is my official last post.

Thank you everyone. For everything. I will miss drumchat. I learned a lot here. Drumchat was fun. It just got too fun.. and there were WAY more off topic threads than drum threads.

And then, there were too many threads about things that really dont need to be discussed in a drum forum... Abortion? Global Warming? Gay Marriages? I respect everyones opinion, but I dont think its right to be discussing in a drum forum.

And the religion discussions have gotten out of hand. I have complete respect of everyones beliefs, but I dont think it needs to be discussed in a drum forum. We should be discussing drumming. I dont mind a little bit of off topic, but too much gets out of hand.

Thanks again for everything that I've learned here.

Any questions, email me.

..Goodbye.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Hi Leslie,
    I respectfully disagree. Every forum I've ever been involved with (whether drumming or not) discusses all types of things outside of the main topic. It's about "community" more than just drumming. It's about making friends, having fun, confiding in others sometimes for personal advice, and yes...sometimes talking about sensitive issues. While some forums ban discussion on hot topic issues, we allow it. It does sometimes dominate the topic of discussion, but not on a regular basis. One look at "new posts" will show you that all the other forums/threads are alive and active.

I believe you're upset because someone got banned and you feel they shouldn't have. Please be assured Leslie that they were not banned for their opinion; they were banned because they broke forum rules when warned not to. It is simply not allowed here and will not be tolerated, despite what faith you are or what your opinion is.

You can not "shut out" the world. Hot button topics will be discussed everywhere. It is a part of life. And as it's been said many times in here; if you don't want to talk about it, don't go into those threads. There are hundreds of other threads within Drum Chat that discuss drums all day long. We all contribute to them and we all love talking about drums. This will never change.

Speaking of change; I hope you will change your mind. I think I speak for everyone in saying we've enjoyed your presence here. You have such a great spirit. You are of course young and impressionable but I also think your smart enough to trust our friendship and especially my advice here: Whoever is influencing your decision to quit Drum Chat is misguided. Quitting Drum Chat solves nothing. Drums will still be the main topic at hand; there will always be much to be learned here; the cultivated friendships remain , and we will always respect you. That said, I request that you reconsider. If not, then I bid you farewell and I wish you a long, happy life.
    Last edited by drummer; 04-22-2007 at 12:16 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    stuff
    Tom - you really are a super-moderator. I've got bags full of respect for you. I can't speak for everyone who takes part in DrumChat; but at the very least, from me: Thankyou, not just for thoughtful and caring responses such as this, but also for maintaining the same ridiculously high standard of thought and action throughout the entire forum. This place could turn into a horrible mess, but you provide a gentle guiding hand rather than ruling with an iron fist. You rock mate.

Lezzle - I've personally never had much to do with you (different time zones and all). But I know how long you've been around and how much you mean to people here. Come back!!! And if you don't, live long and prosper.

User Info Menu

Well said drummer, I couldn't have put it any better myself.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

I'm still here

User Info Menu

Sorry to see you go Lez....

User Info Menu

while having nothing to do with anyone getting banned, i "kinda" feel the same way. i dont have as much of a problem with the "hot topics" as i do with the lack of DRUM talk. and i do think that the combination of the two is why not as many guests sign up to become active members. in my time here i have seen a few of these threads and i think that would be reason to re think a few policies. MANY people would consider discussion of abortion with under aged members as offensive as the occational bad word. not saying that cussing should be allowed, but you know what i mean.

User Info Menu

good point

I agree 100%
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

well lezel if you already left and still okk on the page keep in mind we all miss you peace

User Info Menu

Default Re: Official Last Post you will Ever See From Me

Interesting, now things are the complete opposite.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SparrowBeat View Post
    Interesting, now things are the complete opposite.
    Yea, we learned that it wasn't worth losing members just because of religious differences and other hot topics. This was around the time it was changed. We lost some religious folks during that time but the forum is better now. Those topics are interesting to discuss but they can be very divisive.

User Info Menu

I hadn't realized that the original post was from that long ago.

At first I was stunned - and was about tap out a reply!

(it was a good reply too............................................... ...no swearing I promise!)

Oh well...never mind!
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

I think at drummerworld, there's a few salty members, still convinced that this a christian leaning drumming site, and that Pastor Bob is the one and only moderator.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

i was reading this thinking has something changed around here....then i saw the date.

cheers
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    I think at drummerworld, there's a few salty members, still convinced that this a christian leaning drumming site, and that Pastor Bob is the one and only moderator.
    Yep, and I actually offered to step down from moderating because of that perception. In the end, though, I have defended the move to end religious topics here, simply because there are plenty of places for those discussions, and because this is a drum forum.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58 View Post
    Well said drummer, I couldn't have put it any better myself.

HB58
    Agreed

User Info Menu

Fascinated by the perception of this forum but also pleased by it. Because 'respect' and 'decency' is often attributed to Christians, it makes sense that people would think that this is a Christian forum. Personally, I'm very proud of that even though I'm not a Christian, and I think Drum Bum feels the same way. That said, I had a hand in the decision making regarding Pastor Bob and I've got to tell you, never before have I witnessed someone so passionate about their belief, yet so restrained and willing to abide by the request of the owners to no longer discuss religion in here. Being a former Christian, I can't imagine how tempting it must be to want to inject doctrine where and when it's deemed fitting but PB is very disciplined and I so respect that about him. Bottom line, and like PB mentioned, this is a drum forum first and foremost and there are plenty of other places to discuss religion, politics, and other sensitive subjects.

User Info Menu

^^^^well said^^^^^^^
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Things like religion and politics are by nature passionate topics. Any reasonable person should expect to be offended at some point by the comments or views of others but respecting the views of others should be expected of everyone....regardless of religion, race, gender, political affiliation, etc.. I've had some of the best, thoughtful, intelligent and respectful conversations on Internet forums.... about extremely "touchy" issues with people who have a 180* view from mine. I'm pretty conservative, and a Christian (no big surprise there), but I like the fact that such topics are avoided on here. It allows people to interact based on merits, without pre-conceived perceptions of others based on stereotypes.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 03-11-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

The funny thing to me is that even the "Christian" sites are quick to ban you when you discuss religion!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Acoustic & Electronic:
    Pearl Prestige World Series WLX 1988
    Tama Swingstar 1983
    Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive (Birch) 2007
    Ludwig Acrolite Snare 1976
    Ludwig Supraphonic 6.5x14" 2021
    Pearl Sensitone Elite Aluminum 5.5" and 6.5" Snare
    Pearl COB Custom Deluxe [Gladstone] (75-76) Snare
    Love Drum Co. Hammered Steel 5.5" Snare
    Roland TD-1KV

Paiste
    Accent 8"

Paiste Signature:
    6", 10" Splash
    14" Dark Crisp Hi-Hats
    14" Sound Edge Hi-Hats
    16", 17", 18",19", 20" Full Crash
    22" Symphonic Med-Heavy (use as a Ride)

Paiste Formula 602:
    22" Formula 602 Modern Essentials Ride

Paiste 2oo2:
    22" Ride
    16" Crash
    8",10" Splash

Paiste 2oo2 Big Beat:
    15" Hi-Hats
    19", 20", 21" Big Beat Multifunctional

Paiste Sound Formula:
    16" Crash
    20" Full Ride (Frankenstein)

Paiste Twenty:
    16" China

Paiste Alpha (original Swiss made):
    12" Splash

Paiste PST7:
    Medium
    16", 18" Crash
    20" Ride
    14" Hi-Hats

Sabian:
    XS20 18" China
    AA 14" Fusion Hi-Hats

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    The funny thing to me is that even the "Christian" sites are quick to ban you when you discuss religion!
    They are? I didn't know that.

User Info Menu

I've always loved that quote EyePea!

User Info Menu

I'm just glad there isn't a "drum skills entrance exam" to be member of this forum, LOL.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post

all the best...
    I suppose it kinda depends on the religious view your trying to discuss!
    -Brian