Thread: DTXteme II for gigging?

User Info Menu

Default DTXteme II for gigging?

Hi all, has anyone used a DTXtreme II for live shows? I have an opportunity to purchase a used kit for $1450. This will be my first ekit so I am totally new to e-drumming although I have played and gigged for many years. The other kit I am considering is the Roland TD-9S. My biggest concerns are reliability/consistency on stage, ease of set-up/teardown and user-friendlyness since I am new to edrums. Any comments would be appreciated. By the way my budjet is pretty firm at $1500.

User Info Menu

Default Re: DTXteme II for gigging?

I just started using a Roland TD4 for gigging and I love it. Im set up in 5 mins or less, I can get a great sound, I have a multitude of different souns for different songs, the stage volume has dropped dramatically and I have a smaller footprint so the stages arent so cramped at smaller venues.

User Info Menu

Default Re: DTXteme II for gigging?

I think this is basically the same question you asked earlier in, "Best kit for live gigging"

I purchased my TD9SK new for about $1200, so I think it's well within your budget. I don't gig with it, but it's been very reliable for me. And, there are some nice sounds available for it using vex packs.

I guess you just need to play both the DTXtreme and the Roland and see which one you like best.
    Not young enough to know everything

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Well, if you've ever heard me play the drums, you might think that I'm appropriating them for some purpose other than their original design!