Thread: joey joins korn!

User Info Menu

Default joey joins korn!

for any korn or slipknot fans out there. joey jordison will be replacing terry bozzio for the rest of korns current tour. this guy is turning up everywhere, with metallica, then with ministry and now with korn.
    it is kinda too bad, for i was very interested in seeing bozzio with korn. i am curious about thier next album with him on it. should be interesting.

User Info Menu

I heard this on the radio the other day, didn't they hold a press conference in a cemetary or something? What was that you said about Jordison playing with Metallica? Did he have to fill in for Lars or something?
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

yeah, there are vids on the youtube. lars had some kind of anxiety attack or something so they had joey and dave lombardo sit in for a show. they split the set, joey playing half and dave playing the other. i thought it was funny cuz i remember reading an article about 1990 or 91 with lars totally bashing daves playing. i still don't know why they did't just ask me dammit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CyberComa
    I heard this on the radio the other day, didn't they hold a press conference in a cemetary or something? What was that you said about Jordison playing with Metallica? Did he have to fill in for Lars or something?
    Yeah, I was suppose to sit in for Lars but I was busy that day........

User Info Menu

here is joey doing enter sandman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1NPUDLVaY

User Info Menu

here is lombardo with metallica
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qMwh_vFRqQ

User Info Menu

Joey w/ korn?..gah.....
    no Offense to Joey but i dont think he can pull it off...
    His Drumming with slipknot , While amazeing to the point of insanity, kinda killed their music for me... i just hope he does a good job w/ korn.
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

I bet James and the boys were ECSTATIC to finally play with someone with good meter and timing.

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

ouch! true, but ouch!

User Info Menu

I dont care, Korn havnt made a good album since the mid 90-ties Those fat bufoons should just retire!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    yeah, there are vids on the youtube. lars had some kind of anxiety attack or something so they had joey and dave lombardo sit in for a show. they split the set, joey playing half and dave playing the other. i thought it was funny cuz i remember reading an article about 1990 or 91 with lars totally bashing daves playing. i still don't know why they did't just ask me dammit
    As quoted in an issue of kerrang...Lars claimed he had a problem with his "Hangnail" and therefore couldn't drum..

a hangnail is the little strips of skin that tend to peel off near yer nails....can cause swelling so this is what i'm guessing..

then apparently that was all a joke...
    Last edited by mexicancounciloffood; 04-24-2007 at 04:20 AM.

User Info Menu

Ive got a hangnail on my thumb right now and im playing (right hand too)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mexicancounciloffood
    As quoted in an issue of kerrang...Lars claimed he had a problem with his "Hangnail" and therefore couldn't drum..

a hangnail is the little strips of skin that tend to peel off near yer nails....can cause swelling so this is what i'm guessing..

then apparently that was all a joke...
    that is lame, if i can play 4 hour shows with my messed up neck and shoulder for my measly hundred bucks a night in front of maybe 75-100 local fans, this little bunghole can get over that hangnail and give those THOUSANDS of fans paying MILLIONS of dollars a show.
    Last edited by funkymcstain; 04-25-2007 at 01:05 AM.

User Info Menu

Yes, theirs sooo many things wrong with lars

1) he likes to hear himself talk

2)the small percentage of money he lost because of napster he readied an army of supporters like it was world war 3

3) Hes got terrible timing

4) He looks like a freaking rat

User Info Menu

here is lombardo with metallica
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qMwh_vFRqQ
    Oh my god that is not where Joey belongs! He doesn't even look phased by playing.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I actually think it was a stomach bug, not a hangnail. Like he was throwing up and stuff like that. I heard they thought it was food poisoning, but possibly something he caught from somewhere else too. To be honest, who knows? People got to see a couple fo other dudes, and it was kind of historical for the fans to see it. Does it really matter or do people just like to hang it on Lars because he's extremely famous and rich and they're not?
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    I actually think it was a stomach bug, not a hangnail. Like he was throwing up and stuff like that. I heard they thought it was food poisoning, but possibly something he caught from somewhere else too. To be honest, who knows? People got to see a couple fo other dudes, and it was kind of historical for the fans to see it. Does it really matter or do people just like to hang it on Lars because he's extremely famous and rich and they're not?
    Check out the 'Some Kind of Monster' movie. He's like a spoilt little brat - the worst of the lot of them, an absolute prima donna. Metallica sold out years ago and have never looked back. This is a band that made its reputation via the heavy metal tape trading network (which I fondly remember), made it big (good on 'em) and then after years at the top they had a hissy fit about music downloading. Utter hypocrisy - they only made it big because of an early form of illegal downloading.

They called their last album St Anger - Jumping Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, what have they got to be angry about? Champagne not cold enough? Lear Jet isn't fast enough? If I were Lars, I'd be angry about not having produced a decent album since Master of Puppets.

Sorry for the rant, but I LOVE METAL, and Metallica have left an extremely sour taste in my mouth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    no, we do it cuz he isa rich and famous TWIT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jobby
    Check out the 'Some Kind of Monster' movie. He's like a spoilt little brat - the worst of the lot of them, an absolute prima donna. Metallica sold out years ago and have never looked back. This is a band that made its reputation via the heavy metal tape trading network (which I fondly remember), made it big (good on 'em) and then after years at the top they had a hissy fit about music downloading. Utter hypocrisy - they only made it big because of an early form of illegal downloading.

They called their last album St Anger - Jumping Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, what have they got to be angry about? Champagne not cold enough? Lear Jet isn't fast enough? If I were Lars, I'd be angry about not having produced a decent album since Master of Puppets.

Sorry for the rant, but I LOVE METAL, and Metallica have left an extremely sour taste in my mouth.
    JUSTICE was good other than the bass guitar (or lack of). the black album and everything else after blows chunks.
    but yeah, i am def. one of those oldskool fans they always say they can do without. so yeah screw em.

User Info Menu

I just can't into Korn's sound. With that kind of drop tuning the sound is very undefined. It's hard to make out where the bass stops and the guitar starts. I like it better when the guitarists let the bass player do his job. I understand that these artists are trying to get a heavy sound, but to me heavy comes across more with chord structure, dynamics, and timing than the use of seven string guitars.

User Info Menu

i get what your sayin' there RD. i aways thought korn lacked in the guitar department. i love what they did with grooves in heavy music. it def made a big impact on heavy music. but yeah, i did always think they could have made better use of two guitars.

User Info Menu

JUSTICE was good other than the bass guitar (or lack of). the black album and everything else after blows chunks.
    but yeah, i am def. one of those oldskool fans they always say they can do without. so yeah screw em.
    Justice was weird. I remember getting into it, and it was a bit more complex than their ealier stuff.

But the production was terrible. The drums sounded like they were wet cardboard - and yeah, there was no discernable bass at all.