Thread: Did any of you watch Backstage Secrets ( Rush)

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Did any of you watch Backstage Secrets ( Rush)

Did anyone watch the documentary on Backstage Secrets. One hour special on the set up of Rush's Snakes and Arrows tour. This was all about the sound and audio checks in the Arena plus the set up of the instruments. I was amaze at what is involved in setting up for a concert like that. The technology and computers used for sound was incredible, I mean compared to the old days of 70's era where all the sound came at you from the stage but now it is basically soundsaround. This is a documentary for you not to miss and I saw it on the Treasure station.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Did any of you watch Backstage Secrets ( Rush)

I didn't see it but it sounds pretty interesting. Any idea if they're gonna show it again?
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    I didn't see it but it sounds pretty interesting. Any idea if they're gonna show it again?
    +1 id really like to see it.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Yeah Rush's stage setup is pretty incredible. There is a reason they never have opening bands.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Like I said in my thread it is on the Treasure Network not sure which cable company carries it but I am on Digital Satellite. Yes it is something to see realy amazing and the guy that was setting up Neil's drums wore gloves. Imagine that gloves just like I use to handle my drums never leaving finger prints on the hoops or the finishes. Hope you guys find it.

User Info Menu

I really have to watch this Ima go see if I can find it.

User Info Menu

I just watched Beyond The Lighted Stage it was really good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    +1 i watch that one whenever its on lol. I also watched the 2112/moving pictures classic albums. Also good.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Anything documentary that is done on Rush is good IMO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Anything documentary that is done on Rush is good IMO.
    And I have yet to see one.

User Info Menu

One to watch out for...I love the tech. set up documentary's...you learn so much on what's involved.

User Info Menu

Smile Re: Did any of you watch Backstage Secrets ( Rush)

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    One to watch out for...I love the tech. set up documentary's...you learn so much on what's involved.
    I agree with you. They are very educational and it shows you how far the technology has gone since the 70's also tells you more in debt and personal stuff about the members and their familles. I look forward to seeing more in the future. I saw another doc called it " It may get loud" with Jimmy Page , the Edge and another guitarist not sure is name was black or white something like that. Excellent.

User Info Menu

If you can't find it on t.v. anywhere, it's on you tube broken down into 6 parts.

User Info Menu

I scored the DVD for that a little while ago too
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Did any of you watch Backstage Secrets ( Rush)

Yeah that's what it was called and it was on the program Backstage Secrets on Dicovery Channel.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I agree with you. They are very educational and it shows you how far the technology has gone since the 70's also tells you more in debt and personal stuff about the members and their familles. I look forward to seeing more in the future. I saw another doc called it " It may get loud" with Jimmy Page , the Edge and another guitarist not sure is name was black or white something like that. Excellent.
    Jack White.
    I also have that dvd its one of my faves. I love when Jimmy explains how he got the drumsound for Levee.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Did any of you watch Backstage Secrets ( Rush)

Jack White.
    I also have that dvd its one of my faves. I love when Jimmy explains how he got the drumsound for Levee.
    Yeah! Jack White cause I keep mistaking him for Jack Black DUH! I also like the way Jimmy explains and plays Stairway to heaven on a double headed electric guitar cause I always thought he was playing accoustic on that song. Still great guitarist those 3 are. It was also nice to see a little of Bonham style. He was a great drummer.