Thread: M-Audio Fast Track Ultra and Live Lite 7 help.

User Info Menu

Default M-Audio Fast Track Ultra and Live Lite 7 help.

I just bought myself a M-Audio Fast Track Ultra recording unit and I was given Live Lite 7 for free. If anyone here uses either, I could really use some help. Right now I am using all 4 of the front mic ports and I am trying to record all 4 but LL7 is only letting me record 2 at a time.
    I changed it from my bass and snare to bass and an overhead to get more of a overall drum sound since my other 2 are no being used. But you use LL7 or another recording software program that can let me use all 4 mics lines please let me know how. This is really bringing me down lately.

User Info Menu

Default Re: M-Audio Fast Track Ultra and Live Lite 7 help.

As far as I know the Fast Track Ultra only records 2 channels at a time. This is true of virtually all USB interfaces. Firewire are the one's where you can record each channel direct.

There may be others that record all via USB, but I'm not aware of any.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Do you know of anything that I can look into to help me use all 4?
    Certain brands or specific units?

User Info Menu

Are you asking about a different interface or different software?

As far as interfaces, to be honest I'm not an expert. I know the Presonus Firestudio Project and similar interfaces (which are like $500) track each channel on to the PC. Like I said, I'm not sure there are any USB interfaces that do what you want, meaning tracking each channel individually.

Personally if I were to do some research I would call Swee****er. Great customer service (and prices) and super friendly and knowledgeable. They usually don't have low end brands however. They will have Presonus.

Sorry I couldn't help more.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Hey do me a favor, download reaper for free and see if it will allow you to record all four channels. I have a feeling it is your software. Try this before you buy anything else.

http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    As far as I know the Fast Track Ultra only records 2 channels at a time. This is true of virtually all USB interfaces. Firewire are the one's where you can record each channel direct.

There may be others that record all via USB, but I'm not aware of any.
    Perhaps I am missing something- ya can't record more than 2 channels at the same time from most usb devices?
    My Tascam 1641 usb interface has 8 preamp'ed channels and another 6 or 7 balanced TRS inputs, and I have recorded more than 8 tracks at the same time....am i not getting something?

User Info Menu

I did a little reading on their site and it looks like the device is designed to record all 4 mic inputs simultaneously via USB. It's possible it's the sofware, but one thing their site mentions is that if it's hooked up to a USB 1.1 port it will only do 2 out because of bandwidth. Is your PC on the older side?

Check your usb on your PC, and try using Reaper and see if that helps. There's always M-Audio tech support as well.

If you can get it working, then that's a pretty cool little interface for not too much $.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

try different software and if its USB 1 it wont be able to if its USB 2.0 itll be your software or the usb slot on your computer
    | Yamaha Stage Custom | Sabian AAX | Dream |

User Info Menu

i used to use a M-Audio Fast Track Ultra with ableton live

and its fine all 4 pre amps and 2 inserts work at the same time , you can change the last 2 channels into inputs in the software ..(but you wont have a preamp for them)

basically you need to do tutorials no matter what DAW you use..(once you master one there all about the same its just knowing the DAW interface)

your issue is you haven't turned on the 3rd and 4th channels in options/preferences/input config