Thread: td-3 and Addictive Drums

User Info Menu

Default td-3 and Addictive Drums

So, in my quest to achieve a better sound, while keeping my hardware need to a minimum. I have moved from EzDrummer, and am giving Addictive drums a go.

I have a TD-3 module, the issue I am having is with the midi mapping in Addictive, with the TD-3. The snare and kick seem to default to the correct midi note, but everything else is all over the place. I've tried a couple of different hosts ( Reaper, Mixcraft and VSTHost ) all with the same result.

I tried editing the midi notes through the TD-3, but I'm not getting the sounds I want, particularly from the HH.

Anyone have experience with Addictive? The available drum sounds to me sound alright, so I would like to get this figured out to be able to explore it a little better.

L

User Info Menu

Default Re: td-3 and Addictive Drums

I figured it out.. with a little time spent with the Addictive manual. Who knew those things were actually helpful. Should anyone else run into this.

In the "beats" window in Addictive, the lower left is a drop down selector "map preset" in there are presets for Roland, Alesis, 2box and Yamaha kits. This is in version 1.5.1, I don't believe this support was built into 1.1.1

L

User Info Menu

Glad I could help Linchpin.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

LOL.. you're the best PB. Thanks again!