Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Snow and Lights Pics

User Info Menu

Default Christmas Snow and Lights Pics

I got an email from my daughter this morning that said she was struggling to find the Christmas spirit because Okinawans don't put up lights for Christmas and it 77 degrees on the island. I thought we should post snow pics for our friends around the world who don't get snow at Christmas, or don't see Christmas lights.

Show 'em if you've got 'em folks!

Snowed yesterday - not as much as some of you have, but it's a good snow for Tennessee.

Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Christmas Snow and Lights Pics

Here ya go PB. I saw this post last night. So, I grabbed my camera this morning when I took out the trash before going to work. We just got blasted with more snow again. I hope this helps those who need to get into the Christmas spirit.

"it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Awesome pics DD. That's how I remember the snow from my childhood in Illinois. After so many years in Southern California though, I am happier with the amount of snow we get in Tennessee. Now if only it would snow when it was about 70 degrees out, then I'd be a happy camper!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Lovely pictures guys, but just one question - what's all that white stuff?
    Down here in South Australia, at this time of year, we usually get anywhere inbetween 86 to 104 degrees, so snow is only left to the imagination I'm afraid.
    Tama Rockstar & Paiste User and Abuser......

User Info Menu

Didn't take pics because I'm so used to in by now, but we have about 2-3 feet here in upstate new york.

dave0549jv Guest

^syracuse was pretty nasty today.

User Info Menu

central new york must be the only place on the planet hoping for global warming to come through
    "A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."

dave0549jv Guest

i leave my car running all the time, just to speed up the process. also, i burn tires in my back yard. take that, nature!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spesman View Post
    Lovely pictures guys, but just one question - what's all that white stuff?
    Down here in South Australia, at this time of year, we usually get anywhere inbetween 86 to 104 degrees, so snow is only left to the imagination I'm afraid.
    Tell me about it. Where I am at in NZ, it averages about 30C - 38C (86F - 100F to the Yanks). Not quite as hot as what you folks get over in Aussie but it's still pretty hot. A friend of mine who lives in Melbourne was telling me that she had to deal with temperatures of up to 46C (114F), and where she's from (south Korea), they just don't have those kind of temperatures.

I couldn't handle the Aussie heat! I can barely handle NZ heat, haha. Maybe I should move to Finland or something.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Man, some kid is gonna have a heckuva time shoveling all of that.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

We don't have a lot of snow yet. But it shouldn't be long now

User Info Menu

Great pics guys, I have to say very nice ones from DD.

Here in Manchester, UK, everything has just got back to normal after the first lot of snow a couple of weeks ago but we are forcast to get a load more starting tomorrow and it will not shift till after New Year, I like the snow I just don't like it stopping me from doing what I need to do (although going to work isn't included in that).
    Mike.

"If men are from Mars, and Women are from venus then drummers... are from Pluto!" - Hughie (as played by the amazing Billy Connolly) taken from the film 'Still Crazy'.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" - Brandon Lee

http://www.jerzeystreetband.com
    http://www.myspace.com/jerzeystband
    http://www.facebook.com/jerzeystreetband

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I got an email from my daughter this morning that said she was struggling to find the Christmas spirit because Okinawans don't put up lights for Christmas and it 77 degrees on the island.
    Yes, I've had to struggle with that when I was living on Okinawa as well. Seeing and touching snow was my dream when I was there and since I've moved to the US, I make it a priority to venture up to Lake Tahoe to have a day to frollic in the stuff but I wouldn't want to be stuck in it all winter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Yes, I've had to struggle with that when I was living on Okinawa as well. Seeing and touching snow was my dream when I was there and since I've moved to the US, I make it a priority to venture up to Lake Tahoe to have a day to frollic in the stuff but I wouldn't want to be stuck in it all winter
    My dad used to say, after moving from Illinois to California, that he really enjoyed being able to visit the snow . . . and then go home!

User Info Menu

Signature here

User Info Menu

No snow here......sorry. We do or best though!

"The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

great pics! I like your first one especially linch pin. I can't wait till there's a bit more snow hear... we usually get piles here in maine
    ~Pearl, Zildjian, Hammerax, Remo, Vic Firth, LP, Pulse~

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

We get the best of both

Summer:

..and winter, same beach. This is our rescue unit out doing practice drills.

User Info Menu

Another cool thing about the snowy winter months is the bundle up gear you can wear. This is my ski outfit I am wearing before going out to clear the snow from the drive and walks.

Signature here

User Info Menu

Bish, you need a mirror behind you too, so you can take a picture of a guy taking a picture, of a guy taking a picture, of a guy taking a picture . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Bish, you need a mirror behind you too, so you can take a picture of a guy taking a picture, of a guy taking a picture, of a guy taking a picture . . .
    I tried that once.

The flash lasted for about 5 minutes.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

So there is a down side then!

User Info Menu

We,ve got a lot in the North of England
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    www.myspace.com/video/rid/110115140
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"
    Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 14"x6.5