Thread: Americas's Cup

User Info Menu

Default Americas's Cup

Anyone interested in sailing?

User Info Menu

I don't know too much about it to be honest with you. When do they have this race? Do they have it somewhere different every year?
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alaman
    Anyone interested in sailing?
    Aren't they covering that on the ZZZ Network?

User Info Menu

Not really.

I've got mates who do it. But the only time I've ever been sailing, I had to be rescued (actually, this happened twice )

User Info Menu

It's the oldest sailing competition. The winner holds the trophy for 4 years and will defend it against the challenger. The challenger is being defined now in the Louis Vuitton Cup, held in Valencia (Spain).

Jobby, you had to be rescued twice??!!!! who took you for sailing, Guilligan?

User Info Menu

Yeah I could see being rescued once, could happen to anyone, but twice? With my luck they wouldn't come out for me the second time.
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

Well. The first time was in Fiji - I had a quick 'lesson' and headed out with a mate, we could head away from the island we were on, no worries. But turning around and coming back proved ... difficult. So eventually a dude on a jetski came out and turned the boat around and sailed us back.

Second time was on the Nile river in Egypt. That was just messy. The river runs quite fast in places, but we were heading upriver (using strong wind to go against the flow) - needless to say, I crashed the boat onto shore.

I'll never attempt to sail again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    Aren't they covering that on the ZZZ Network?
    LMAO

User Info Menu

Yeah, yeah, you and roaddebris may laught. But we'll see who laughs the last one when the next Flood comes!
    They also laughed about Noe!