Thread: Help Me Drum Chat

User Info Menu

Default Help Me Drum Chat

Hey Guys/Gals,

As you all know(or most of you do)I really like making videos and posting them for everyone to watch.
    My question is I really want to have the music I am playing along to be heard as well, how do I do this?
    I watch a lot of videos with guys/gals jammin to there favorite tracks and you can hear both the music and the person playing the drums.

I just simply use my Sony digital camera to capture me playing, any help would really be appreciated.

User Info Menu

Depending on the quality you want, there is a couple of ways you could do it. The first would be to have the song playing over a rather LOUD stereo or something while you play and record. The other way would be to use a program like Windows Movie maker, or better yet, Adobe Premier, or some other video editor that allows multiple audio tracks. You can then insert an MP3 of the song under your clip, and control the volume of it individually so your drums are what we hear and not the original drummers. These are just two possibilities. Depending on what software you've got available and your skill level with said software, you could also create MIDI tracks of the songs and use them, or remix the original song to lessen the volume of the drums when you lay it underneath your video's audio track of your drumming. Also, sometimes you can find the songs online in a sort of backing forma, where the vocals or a particular instrument isn't there, and you fill that part in yourself.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

i had the same problem, accept when i plugged in my head phones into my speakers just half way I could hear it in the head phones but the sound was also comming out of speakers. It doesnt work that well though

User Info Menu

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin
    i had the same problem, accept when i plugged in my head phones into my speakers just half way I could hear it in the head phones but the sound was also comming out of speakers. It doesnt work that well though
    I have no idea what that means. What doesn't work? I have no diea what's going on here.

How did you go ddrumbum? Did any of that make sense to you?
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Let me rephrase that then. When I plug my head phones into the "head phone" jack on my computer speakers, I put the cord it in just half way. This makes it so I can hear the song I'm listening to on my head phones but the sound is also coming out of my computer speakers. Thus making it possible to record. but i was saying, this doesn't work that well.

User Info Menu

I put the cord in just half way*** spelling oops

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    How did you go ddrumbum? Did any of that make sense to you?
    I think I got it, it is just a pain to get it synced up, but it is cool when it is, I will have some new vids tomorrow, thanks man much appreciated.