Thread: How about Cymbal locations?

User Info Menu

Default How about Cymbal locations?

I know everyone has their own thing as far as where they like their cymbals located...just wondering what you guys suggest for a good beginning setup on cymbals...as I am just getting back into it after 30 years!!! I only have two cymbals right now...a hihat and a crash/ride. I use the crash-ride on my right and , of course the hihat on my left. If I get a dedicated ride and crash...definitely ride on my right and the crash between my kick and my hihat??? What do you guys do??? BIG Thanks for helping the old newbie!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: How about Cymbal locations?

Seems like you're pretty much right on track. For a standard setup the hi hats obviously are right next to you on the left, the crash in between the hats and the bass drum and the ride on the right kinda in the area between the bass/floor tom depending on the setup.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Single crash ride setup? Is it on a four piece? You my friend would be doing what I call...

Darren Kinging it! Nothing wrong with what you're doing. Nice and simplistic. Me like.
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

Sounds like you're thinking about it right to me polygon.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Sounds good. You can crash the ride when you do a roll to the ride and you can hit the crash when you roll to the tom. Your covered on both ends of the kit!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotATable View Post
    Single crash ride setup? Is it on a four piece? You my friend would be doing what I call...

Darren Kinging it! Nothing wrong with what you're doing. Nice and simplistic. Me like.
    LOL man he's so awesome. Idk how he could play with so little with every right in the world to play with more...
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

User Info Menu

Sounds like a winner, pg. When I play for the worship band, I have a 3-pc (BD, SD, FT) with hats, 20" Ride on the right, and a 10" splash elevated just to the right of my hats. Since I have to play real soft, I switch between thinner sticks and brushes....but, the cymbal setup is perfect.