Thread: Ddrum 13x7 Dominion maple snare

User Info Menu

Default Ddrum 13x7 Dominion maple snare

I went to my local shop a couple months ago and found a Ddrum 13x7 dominion maple in blue fade in like new condition.Drum has New heads Evans St dry batter/Remo clear ambassador snare side with new snare wires 20.He wanted a 100 for it which I didn't have so I put it back,not like I really need it anyway.I went back yesterday to get a few snare heads and here in the corner all covered up is the Ddrum I looked at previouslyI dug it out and started messing with it a bit.After a few minutes he came in and said 50 bucks out the door todaynot what I needed to hear.I played it and looked it over with a fine tooth comb.I told him I'd give 40 for it,that's all I had on me.He took it and I got a new snare.

My wife's face when I came out was great,go in for a couple heads and come out with a snare instead haha.I brought it home and took it apart,inspected,cleaned,tightened all hardware ect.It's construction is great nothing shabby on this drum,Anodized hardware and die cast hoops look great as well.I got it back together bottom tuned med tight batter med tight and whoa what a great snappy crack.I haven't played with tuning yet to see the range becouse I liked my sound from the get go.I'm stunned by how nice this drum really is,looks amazing and sounds just as good.I'm really liking the st dry head as well,never used one before but it's nice.

I always see reviews about Ddrum and most talk about shabby bearing edges,crappy hardware and such so I was a little Leary looking into this drum.I'm glad I bought it and will keep it and will possibly look to Ddrum in the future.Thought I would share my new snare excitement

My wife had a mishap with the camera at a school party,no camera at the present time.I bought her a new one for christmas,so plenty of pic's to come after the holidays.
    Proudly playing
    TAMA Superstar Accel-Driver 5 piece
    Ddrum Dominion Maple 13x7 snare
    Remo Roto Tom's 6,8,10

Paiste 3000 14 Rude hat's
    Paiste 2000 sound reflections medium 13 hat's
    Paiste 2000 sound reflections 14 thin crash
    Paiste Alpha 16 medium crash
    Paiste Alpha 18 Medium crash
    Paiste Alpha 20 power ride
    Wuhan 12/18 china's

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ddrum 13x7 Dominion maple snare

Quote Originally Posted by Skimp241 View Post
    I went to my local shop a couple months ago and found a Ddrum 13x7 dominion maple in blue fade in like new condition.Drum has New heads Evans St dry batter/Remo clear ambassador snare side with new snare wires 20.He wanted a 100 for it which I didn't have so I put it back,not like I really need it anyway.I went back yesterday to get a few snare heads and here in the corner all covered up is the Ddrum I looked at previouslyI dug it out and started messing with it a bit.After a few minutes he came in and said 50 bucks out the door todaynot what I needed to hear.I played it and looked it over with a fine tooth comb.I told him I'd give 40 for it,that's all I had on me.He took it and I got a new snare.

My wife's face when I came out was great,go in for a couple heads and come out with a snare instead haha.I brought it home and took it apart,inspected,cleaned,tightened all hardware ect.It's construction is great nothing shabby on this drum,Anodized hardware and die cast hoops look great as well.I got it back together bottom tuned med tight batter med tight and whoa what a great snappy crack.I haven't played with tuning yet to see the range becouse I liked my sound from the get go.I'm stunned by how nice this drum really is,looks amazing and sounds just as good.I'm really liking the st dry head as well,never used one before but it's nice.

I always see reviews about Ddrum and most talk about shabby bearing edges,crappy hardware and such so I was a little Leary looking into this drum.I'm glad I bought it and will keep it and will possibly look to Ddrum in the future.Thought I would share my new snare excitement

My wife had a mishap with the camera at a school party,no camera at the present time.I bought her a new one for christmas,so plenty of pic's to come after the holidays.
    Thanks for sharing a great story. $40.00 for a great snare? I paid more for pizza. I love reading stories like this. We as drummers spend so much money on our gear, it's good to hear some getting their fair share of breaks.

Can't wait to see the pics...and the new camera! Congrats!

User Info Menu

I love a great score,great story,i agree with late,i spent 30 last night on pizza I went in a music store for moon gel for my new pdp x7 kit and left with a 5 piece Starclassic with pedals amd cym stands...needless to say i returned my pdp x7 to GC....Hey they should have had my moon gel and i would have never seen my Starclassic.....moral of your story....to me anyway,is you should always try to check out these music stores at least once a week

User Info Menu

Now THATS what I talking about...a great deal on good instraments...just like that ole snare was hiding from others waiting for a good home!
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Now that's good deal hands down.

User Info Menu

Congrats to you buddy good deal and hope you have many years of good use out of it. I agree a pizza and a date cost more than that snare.

User Info Menu

Score!! Congrats on that snare

I guess you could tell the wife you really did get a couple of new heads, they just came attached to a snare. LOL
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Score!! Congrats on that snare

I guess you could tell the wife you really did get a couple of new heads, they just came attached to a snare. LOL

Congrats on the new snare...sounds like you got a really killer deal!
    Matt

User Info Menu

Wow what a great deal dude, congrats... It's not fair though I never come across great deals like that.
    Mike.

"If men are from Mars, and Women are from venus then drummers... are from Pluto!" - Hughie (as played by the amazing Billy Connolly) taken from the film 'Still Crazy'.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" - Brandon Lee

http://www.jerzeystreetband.com
    http://www.myspace.com/jerzeystband
    http://www.facebook.com/jerzeystreetband

User Info Menu

Thanks guy's,I had a chance to put it through it's paces yesterday.I played around with tuning and found it has a pretty big tuning range.I seem to like it on the tight end for that good crisp crack.I was worried it wouldn't go well with my kit since there different colors of blue,drums Sapphire fade,snare I think is blue burst.To my surprise they look great together,match pretty good.This is the first snare I have had that matched the kit and I like it better than my chrome or black snares.My black Panther was my main snare with the Slingerland as backup.I think the Panther might be the backup now with the Ddrum being my go to snare.Thanks again guy's
    Proudly playing
    Remo Roto Tom's 6,8,10

Wuhan 12/18 china's

User Info Menu

Congrats Skimp! Can't wait to see the pics!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Nice going, Skimp. I agree DDrum has some surprises. I had a complete kit and liked it very much!

You'll have many years on that snare and I know the color you are referring to. Excellent choice!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I'm sorry. Somebody remind me what we say about 'pics' around here? I beleive it's like 'or it didn't happen'?

Hmmmm...pics of a new snare...
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

I've always been a sucker for 13x7 snares. That size just seems to give you the perfect body and crack. My Pork Pie little squealer and my first snare from my sponsor TMD are both 13x7. Can't wait to see yours!

User Info Menu

Here are a few pic's of the dominion snare,I will get some more later today.

Proudly playing
    Remo Roto Tom's 6,8,10

Wuhan 12/18 china's

User Info Menu

Good find Skimp! I bet you will be happy with that for a long time
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

That's a beautiful looking snare Skimp!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!