I've generally practiced every other day with a bunch of songs that I play along with. I feel like I've outgrown that, but don't know what else to do. My band isn't coming up with new material at the moment since we're still recording our demo, so I've just been playing along to our current songs and some other random songs I've learned over the years. I don't practice rudiments* because I don't know any other than a flam and I've got that down. So what else can I do behind my kit? I'm self taught, so I'm not very experimental. I stick to a straight 4/4 beat with different stuff thrown in based on the song. After just having spent $250 on a shell pack, I really would like to get more serious. The only problem is that I don't know where to start. Any advice? I'm looking mainly for different beats and ideas to incorporate into my playing as opposed to practice drills and exercises because then it just feels like homework.

*I know half of the people reading this thread are going to be baffled that I said that I don't practice rudiments, but let me explain. I've tried many instruments over the years and none of them worked out. The reason for that is very simple: Practice. Whenever I was given something to practice, it felt like homework and that completely sucked the fun out of it. I've been doing stuff at my own pace behind the kit and throwing in things that I would have to make into homework would kill it for me. Call it lazy and half-assed playing if you will, but it's how I work.