Thread: Help with Toca conga ID please

ElectroKid Guest

Default Help with Toca conga ID please

Hi DrumChat !

Please help me ID this Toca conga I'm considering and would you recommend it:

Is it fiberglass ?
    which skin type ?
    year estimation ?
    Thailand stuf ?

THANKS!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help with Toca conga ID please

Looks like the Players series to me. Shells are thin fiberglass, heads are cheap cow/buffalo skin. These are bottom of the barrel congas, though they sound decent enough for a beginner. I started out on this exact model, but didn't keep them very long. I found them to be pretty ringy/tin cany. I wouldn't pay more than $150 for the 2 drums and stand.
    *****GRETSCH****BOSPHORUS****AQUARIAN****VALJE**** *

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help with Toca conga ID please

THIN walled & small head sizes ~ fiber glass w/ thin metal ( prone bending & warping ) w/ thin asian Bison heads...entry level...as seen in schools etc. But the metal crowns will bend & what good is a drum w/ cheap hard wares ? Notice the stand...which is just a modified cymbal or tom tom stand...that the edges of the adjusting handles ( wing nuts ) and the cheap cast metal parts are prone to breaking & of gouging the side of the drum shells ! Low level entry level products like these are not even recomended for entry level. You are better off buying larger sized drums of higher level & either wood or heavier fiberglass...like Lp Matador line or any pro line Lp,Toca, Meinl etc. that will serve better, sound better, have better re sale value if you ever up grade to re invest into a better product. Some Toca's have an issue of chrome peeling off the hard wares *
    Last edited by Ernesto Pediangco; 01-10-2011 at 09:22 AM.