Thread: Video not Syncing with Audio

User Info Menu

Default Video not Syncing with Audio

Hey guys,

I make covers on youtube pretty regularly and I really enjoy it
    I've started recording external audio with a new HD video camera but the video camera seems to record faster than the audio, only slightly but it means I can never get them in sync. It syncs fine with a digital camera that also records in 1080p

I record in Audacity and the camera that doesn't sync is a Panasonic HDC-SD60

A solution would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

User Info Menu

Default Re: Video not Syncing with Audio

I'm going through the exact same issues. I transfered a VHS video shot 26 years ago and dumped it to DVD using DVD Rip as a free trial offer. The DVD plays fine and it is in sync. As soon as I dumped it into my PC (Windows 7), the video lags behind the audio. In the Windows Media Players option window I selected: Drop frame video to sync with audio and I also used a third party "handbrake" type plug in and STILL no sync.

I read that some have upgraded their video drivers to the latest software upgrades and STILL NO sync. I had to resort to splitting up my video in two sections and splicing it together but as the spliced pieces started playing, I noticed it slowly going out of sync.

By the time my video clip ended, the video was at least two seconds behind the audio. At this time, I'm so frustrated in the entire process I gave up until I can get a decent video/audio software program like Sony Vegas to see if I can lay down the video and audio separately so if I have sync issues, I can drop frames on my own in order to keep it in sync.

I know that won't solve any issues surrounding your issues and I know this is NOT going to be something I can work around easily. I've search the internet for a solution but ran out of time and the replies from others across the video forums all point to the Windows Media Player as the possible culprit.

I gave up today but I will try and find a solution to this issue once I have time to browse further.

Good luck and please post anything that might help us all! Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I'm going through the exact same issues. I transfered a VHS video shot 26 years ago and dumped it to DVD using DVD Rip as a free trial offer. The DVD plays fine and it is in sync. As soon as I dumped it into my PC (Windows 7), the video lags behind the audio. In the Windows Media Players option window I selected: Drop frame video to sync with audio and I also used a third party "handbrake" type plug in and STILL no sync.

I read that some have upgraded their video drivers to the latest software upgrades and STILL NO sync. I had to resort to splitting up my video in two sections and splicing it together but as the spliced pieces started playing, I noticed it slowly going out of sync.

By the time my video clip ended, the video was at least two seconds behind the audio. At this time, I'm so frustrated in the entire process I gave up until I can get a decent video/audio software program like Sony Vegas to see if I can lay down the video and audio separately so if I have sync issues, I can drop frames on my own in order to keep it in sync.

I know that won't solve any issues surrounding your issues and I know this is NOT going to be something I can work around easily. I've search the internet for a solution but ran out of time and the replies from others across the video forums all point to the Windows Media Player as the possible culprit.

I gave up today but I will try and find a solution to this issue once I have time to browse further.

Good luck and please post anything that might help us all! Thanks.
    What version of Windows are you running?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    What version of Windows are you running?
    Windows 7 on a Dell 15studio laptop

User Info Menu

My Cubase allows me to edit wave and video files. All I need to do is delay if it doesn't sync. I don't know if you can slow the speed though.

User Info Menu

Maybe it's better to just record them both at same time? Less fuss later I would think. I can't sync to save my life, and oh how i've tried!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments