Thread: First ever Cajon workshop in Singapore

User Info Menu

Default First ever Cajon workshop in Singapore

Dear friends,

I am very happy to share with you a recent success. I gave the first ever Cajon workshop in Singapore, at Yamaha Music School.

The workshop was a huge success, and the team took a few videos, which I'd like to share with you. In this video, I'm playing
    Rumba Flamenco, but at a faster tempo. My good friend and fellow musician, a very talented professional, Akileshvar, is on the
    Ganjira.

I hope you enjoy this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjZG5bGBH_Y"]YouTube - Cajon & Ganjira - Rumba Flamenco[/ame]

Sincerely,
    Kamal Bensra

User Info Menu

Default Re: First ever Cajon workshop in Singapore

That was awesome. How your able to generate those drum roll sounds with your fingers is amazing.

User Info Menu

Hi areFish,

Thanks for watching, and I'm glad you liked it. I wanted to share my music with others. Ya, it took time to build strength in the fingers. But I guess the practice paid off. =)

Kamal

User Info Menu

Fun ! All you need now is an authentic Peruvian Cajon. Better woods & attention to tonal voice, set Peruvian Cajons from the Asian made varieties that focus on gizmos added or trying to hard to make the cajon a snare drum ! A good flamenco cajon model has the snare effect only on the top edge playing surface so the other tones of the cajon do NOT buzz, this makes the cajon sound like a drum set. The best brands I have discovered in Lima, peru are PR / Percusion Real & Atempo brand. Atempo is now marketed w/ Gon Bops via of DW but I heard DW sold Gon Bops to Sabian. Perhaps Sabian will improve the Gon Bops line since DW did a mediocre job of that aspect. The Asian made Gon Bops are too simular to other Asian made brands & ofer nothing better ( actualy have lowered my expectations of Gon Bops products to the level of, for instance,CB 700 line of cow bells & student level of congas ,bongos & timbales. Only the California Models of Gon Bops are note worthy.