Thread: Alesis dm5 with roland pd7 heads questions

User Info Menu

Default Alesis dm5 with roland pd7 heads questions

Hi guys,

My son was wanting something to do bass drops with and i bought a alesis dm5 module and a couple roland pd7 heads.

Can i use the dual zone heads with the dm5? They guy i got them from said i needed y cables or something to do it but he wasn't sure as he had never tried it. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Buc

User Info Menu

Default Re: Alesis dm5 with roland pd7 heads questions

I'm having problems triggering 2 sounds from the DM-5 with a Roland PDX-8 pad that I bought a while ago. Might have to look at MIDI-ing up an Alesis I/O Unit to the module so that I can "dual trigger"....won't know until I can get the chance to borrow one!

I think we both need to do this:

Part 1

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEvIHrsNgI8"]YouTube - Pintech with Alesis I/O and DM5 1 of 2[/ame]

Part 2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doOLtYWkdM"]YouTube - Pintech with Alesis I/O and DM5 2 of 2[/ame]

My problem is that the one store in Sydney where I can get these have to wait until after Christmas for the orders to come up....they ran out about a week or two back. Everyone else just stocks up on mainly Roland and Yamaha's.....grrr!
    Last edited by Drumbledore; 12-23-2010 at 06:45 AM.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. We should be able to do what he wants with the current setup. With as many things that these pads will do, i was thinking towards the future. Looks like an i/o box will be in the future purchase list along with a descent amp. Now i just have to wait for xmas to start playing with this stuff!

User Info Menu

Oh you'll have a whole heap of fun Buconine, that's for sure! Merry Christmas to you, your son and the family! Cheers, Drumbledore.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

Man, this thing is kickin my butt! lol I didn't realize such a steep learning curve was coming. Got the dual zones to work but the cross talk is false triggering the other trigger. Also have this all mounted on a rack and the cymbals are triggering the pads as well. Have xtalk at 99 for all the pads, need to play with the noise filter as well. Doesn't help that i am missing 25 pages of the manual too... I think i am going to get it going as a single zone and work from there...