Thread: My throw-off is off....Help

User Info Menu

Default My throw-off is off....Help

Hello again,

I need help drum chat for some very odd reason, my throw-off on my snare drum keeps going to the off position when I am playing, I have the snares cranked as tight as they can go, because if I don't then the throw-off will not stay on at all, this is very annoying and troublesome, can someone tell me why this is happening? What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks

User Info Menu

sounds like a manufactoring issue. if you have made sure all screws on the mechanism are tight then i would send an e mail to ddrum. i dont know anything about thier warranty.

User Info Menu

Yea I just got back from my local dealer and he is emailing the rep, also turns out by bearing edges are all messed up as well, I have been having a super tough time getting my drums to tune right and now I know why, I am pretty disappointed.

User Info Menu

ouch. that is always one of the first things to look at when buying a kit. even a new one. i have spoken to a few folks that went and bought pdp kits only to replace the heads and find horrible gashes. it apperars they have remedied the problem over th last couple years. ddrum still being fairly new to the accoustic drum market is bound to have some isssues here and there too.

User Info Menu

Yea this is my second replacement kit, first kit and orginal kit I bought had just horrible bearing edges, they shipped me this replacement kit right to my door for free, so know we are on round three, there customer service at least to this point is exceptional, now if I could just get a good set, ddrum is calling me tomorrow to figure out what would make me happy, I think I am going to tell them to refund my money OR upgrade me to the pro series kit for all the hassle and frustration, and see what they come back with. I love to negotiate, that is what I did for a living before I became daddy daycare lol.