Thread: "Concept" Drum Solo

User Info Menu

Default "Concept" Drum Solo

Found this on Youtube. The chops aren't amazing, but the way the crowd is in to it is, and the concept is entertaining and unique. To think it up is one thing, pulling it off is another.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOx-YJae8YI&feature=related"]YouTube - Nero Vs. Himself[/ame]

User Info Menu

Default Re: "Concept" Drum Solo

That was awesome!

I also love how many Japanese crowds at gigs seem quite polite and very appreciative of the music. I'd love to play there someday!
    - Zack

User Info Menu

That is super cool. Kudos to that guy for having the huevos to pull that off
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

That was pretty cool, great idea too.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

That was a pretty cool way to do an interplay! Thanks for posting it Riverr.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Glad you've enjoyed this. I've since found out the drummer, Nero, plays for Japan's Michael Jackson, Merry. Pop music is mostly about the hook and the showmanship, and when it comes to drums, as a drummer I enjoy good and unusual or different abilities in showmanship being demonstrated. I put this up there is Cozy Powell's solo to the 1812 Overture. This stuff keeps the crowds attention and you can't beat that.

As far as the crowds in Japan go. I've always heard that they go to concerts to particpate, not just listen. It would be fun to experience that someday.