Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking a Closer Look At Ayotte

User Info Menu

Default Taking a Closer Look At Ayotte

Hello all! There's been a lot of interest and chatter about custom drums around the forum recently, and I think it's time to provide some hard data about these boutique brands. Eventually I'd love to see brand-specific threads that objectively and systematically dissect each manufacturer's offerings, custom or otherwise. I know it's a lofty aspiration, but I can dream.

I'd also like to ask The Ploughman, Screwy, Kona (who knows the man himself!) and JohnnyRingo to help me fill in some gaps, especially about bridge mounts and kick spurs, as I only have experience with the snares.

This first post is general company info and blurbs about the different product lines. I'll follow with an apples-to-apples comparison between my first Ayotte Snare and the Pearl it was based on.

If you are really interested in Ayotte, basically there are two very good web resources- the company's official site, and an excellent review of a Velvet-line kit by Mike Dolbear. I'm not a historian on the brand, and for that sort of stuff I defer to the company's official site. I'd like this to be a third good resource. However, here is what I can confidently tell you.

Company Background:

Ayotte is a custom company formerly based out of British Columbia, the westernmost of the Canadian provinces. It was located at 2060 Pine Street in Vancouver, and as of 2008 was based out of Abbotsford, also in British Columbia, slightly to the Southeast closer to the Washington state border. Operations moved in 2011 across the country to Bedford, on Canada's east coast. Like DW, it started as a small operation out of a teaching facility that shifted to being a full-time manufacturer. As I understand, they make their own shells (read: not a Keller-shell operation), snare strainers, lugs, spurs, and tom suspension systems. They don't offer stands or pedals.

One of the more common comments I see about the company and its drums is that there is a distinct difference between drums produced during Ray Ayotte's tenure and those subsequent to his departure, which I cannot pinpoint but infer to be before 2000. Sellers often emphasize if their drum happens to have been produced under Ray's watch. The brand is also well-known for popularizing wood hoops during the modern era.

There are seven drum series, all of which share a common lug design (which has changed slightly over the years- more on that later):

Custom- obviously, what type of drums you'll find here vary depending on what the buyer ordered. It's a safe bet that they'll be maple and not come in a wrapped finish- the company will do it, but they are much more inclined to do a lacquer or satin finish.

Drumsmith- more of an intermediate line, still maple shells and from what I understand the same hardware. Limited color and size selection, may not have been made in the same facility. If anyone can help out, please chime in.

Pro- basically the "greatest hits" of the custom line, these are/were a semi-mass-manufactured line offered in limited colors and sizes. The upside was reduced turnaround time.

Keplinger Steel- Greg Keplinger was brought in to help Ray figure out how to make a steel snare drum, and from what I understand a darned heavy one at that. I believe that these were only offered with steel hoops, and the gauge may or may not be 3mm. These (or perhaps it was the Keplinger II) were reviewed by Modern Drummer and among other things that stuck with me, they weighed 15 lbs (eek!).

Keplinger Steel II- I think the only difference is that wood hoops were now offered.

Velvet- the newest of the Ayotte lines, which were meant to take the place of the Pro line, if I'm not mistaken. The name stems from the finishes. I refer the interested to Mike Dolbear's review, which can be easily found through any search engine.

Bedford- A special low-cost configuration offered upon the company's relocation to Bedford. Specs available on the official site.

Now let's kick some tires!
    Last edited by MrB; 02-19-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Default Re: Taking a Closer Look At Ayotte

Review 1: Shootout: Pearl Soprano 12"x7" Snare v. 2001 Ayotte Custom 12"x7" Steelhoop Snare

Backstory: When I was 17 (in 2001) I was absolutely smitten with the drum sounds of Jeremy Taggert (Our Lady Peace- Naveed and Clumsy), Matt Cameron (Soundgarden- Down On the Upside and his studio work with The Smashing Pumpkins), William Goldsmith (Sunny Day Real Estate- How It Feels to Be Something On) and Matt Chamberlin (Tori Amos- To Venus and Back). The common denominator was everyone using Ayotte drums.

The Pearl snare I already owned after using the one my teacher had. I'm only 5'7", and I greatly appreciate the extra inch of room on each side as opposed to a 14". Long story short, I busted a few parts on the Pearl, and was in the market for a new drum. I couldn't find any other 12" snares, and Ayotte's site at the time was the only one that had something like a kitbuilder where you could get a quote. So I entered the specs for the Pearl, read that they backed all the parts for 25 years, that the lugs would not break, period, and I set off to find a finish I liked. I was excited and glad to get something the same quality as what was used on the records I liked.

SPECS: Pearl Soprano 12" x 7"Snare

Street Price (new): 2001: ~$280-$300
    2010: $360
    Country of Origin: Taiwan
    Lugs: 8 / 2 screwholes per lug/ raised profile to reduce shell contact
    Shell: 100% Maple / 8 ply/ 3/8" thick, no reinforcement rings
    Hoops: triple-flanged steel
    Strainer: two positions (engaged and loose)/ three-screw footprint/ grip is textured metal/ snares attach to throwoff and butt via nylon cord
    Available Finishes: Liquid Amber
    Badge: There is no hardware behind badge inside the shell, so whatever is on the four corners (my eyes can't tell if they're really small screws or nails) does not fully penetrate the shell.
    Ventilation: One vent with a two-piece, non-threaded grommet. Yes, this has separated on me.

SPECS: 2001 Ayotte Custom 12"x7" Steelhoop Snare

Street Price (new): $456.15
    Country of Origin: Canada
    Order communication: I told the company the dimensions, ply count, finish, and hoop type I wanted. I think I asked for reinforcement hoops (this drum has them), but I am certain neither I nor the company discussed ventilation, lug count, nor bearing edges, so I'm assuming they gave me what they felt was best.
    Lugs: 6 / 2 screwholes per lug/ flush against the shell/ Tunelock Set Screw (Ayotte only offers one lug style)
    Shell: 100% Maple / 8 ply/ 3/8" thick, including 6 ply reinforcement hoops
    Strainer: fluid transition from on, off, or anywhere between via a tooth-and-gear system/ two-screw footprint/ grip is embellished with two rubber strips/ snares attach to throwoff and butt via solid nylon strap
    Available Finishes: Whatever you want, but company is hesitant to do wraps; mine is Red Walnut Satin.
    Badge: Affixed to drum via four screws very similar to eyeglass screws
    Ventilation: something I had completely overlooked when ordering. One hole, with comparable egress to the Pearl, is found underneath the butt end of the snare strainer.

Noteworthy Differences

I want to reitorate that I'm focusing on things that typically you would not be able to change with Ayotte. It's implied that you can get a thicker or thinner shell, soundrings, and any finish you can think of. There's two major construction differences between these otherwise very similar drums- the snare strainer and ventilation.

Here is an exterior shot of the strainers side-by-side. The Ayotte is on the left and the Pearl is on the right.

The top yellow arrow highlights the rubber grip, which is starting to wear away. The lower yellow arrow points to the tooth-and-gear system that lets the strainer be so adjustable. The red arrow points out the textured grip of the Pearl strainer.

Here is what they look like from inside the drum. As mentioned earlier, the Ayotte throwoff attaches via two screws to the Pearl's three.

Here are the respective ventholes. The Ayotte is more covert and has not caused the aggravation the Pearl has.

In Pearl's Favor

-The drum is mass market and thus available brand new at a lower price point. It is also much more common used than a similar Ayotte.

-Replacement parts are perhaps easier to obtain. In 2001 I could get new lugs. I haven't tried or searched in ten years.

-One is also able to try this drum new without necessarily committing to purchase.

What Pearl Can Improve

-While I found the Liquid Amber Finish appealing, it may not be well-received by all, and to only offer the drum in one finish is limiting.

-The vent grommet was a particular nuisance as the two parts have separated on me during performance before. I have seen threaded grommets, which if this is not included on newer models, I would recommend.

-Reinforcement rings may not be for everybody, but I happen to like them, and would opt for this option.

-I had terrible luck with breaking lugs on this drum, but I believe a large part of that equation was me.

What Works In Favor For Ayotte

By Ayotte's being a custom shop, you have:

-a wide selection of finishes

-the ability to determine shell thickness

However, if you were considering this snare used:

-When changing heads, tension rods, washers, and perpendicular screws remain whole with the steelhoop. No more chasing or misplacing small parts!

-Vent grommet has proven to be less maintainence

-Snare throwoff tension is more adjustable than merely "on" and "off"

What Ayotte Can Improve

-When ordering this drum I overlooked specifying the number of lugs and did not mention ventilation at all. The craftsman didn't forget, so the ball wasn't dropped.

-Once you have a custom drum built, there is no going back, and it is a gamble that your expectations will match the product you've helped design.

-There is talk among the drumming community of whether Ayotte is in trouble. The company needs to actively quell these fears by updating its site on a more frequent basis and frankly provide customer service to the standards of its competition. I had chased the company for some time about purchasing a t-shirt with my last order, and if I can't get a shirt, what impression does that leave me with should I need another lug or strainer?

-The cost is becoming prohibitively expensive, again more information with the next shootout.

Final Thoughts

Both drums sound similar, as one would expect since they share much common ground. While comparing a six-lug and an eight-lug drums is slightly imperfect, both are relatively easy to tune and a joy to play. Differences emerge in lug and throwoff systems. When the snare is steelhoop, Ayotte's lug design is easier. However, Pearl's throwoff grip ages better, while Ayotte's offers grey area between snares on and off. This is not something I do often, so it is a luxury for my use.

Thank you for reading and again, any information you can add to make this a great place to learn about Ayotte as a whole , especially concerning kit hardware, is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by MrB; 12-25-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Review 2: Shootout: 2001 Ayotte Custom 12"x7" Steelhoop Snare v. 2008 Ayotte Custom 13"x8" Woodhoop Snare

SPECS: 2001 Ayotte Custom 12"x7" Steelhoop Snare

Street Price (new): $456.15
    Order communication: I told the company the dimensions, ply count, finish, and hoop type I wanted. I think I asked for reinforcement hoops (this drum has them), but I am certain neither I nor the company discussed ventilation, lug count, nor bearing edges, so I'm assuming they gave me what they felt was best.
    Lugs: 6 / 2 screwholes per lug/ flush against the shell/ Tunelock Set Screw/ Dimensions: 2" vertical footprint, 1" max width (teardrop shaped)
    Strainer: Standard Ayotte described in previous shootout

Finish: Red Walnut Satin
    Badge: Standard Ayotte previously described
    Ventilation: Single hole under butt plate

SPECS: 2008 Ayotte Custom 13"x8" Woodhoop Snare

Street Price (new): $1,101.15
    Order communication: I told the company the dimensions, ply count, finish, reinforcement hoops, and hoop type I wanted. I was asked about lug count, but not ventilation nor bearing edges, so I'm assuming they gave me what they felt was best.
    Lugs: 8 / 2 screwholes per lug/ flush against the shell/ Tunelock Set Screw (only lugs offered by Ayotte)/ Dimensions:1 5/8" vertical footprint, 1" max width (teardrop shaped)- slightly smaller
    Hoops: Standard Ayotte Woodhoop
    Strainer: Standard Ayotte previously described

Finish: African Walnut Satin
    Badge: Standard Ayotte previously described
    Ventilation: Single small hole under butt plate

So What's the Difference Between the Two?

Like the last shootout, these two snares are very similar, except this time they're both from the same manufacturer and it stands to reason that they're assembled from common parts (at least common among Ayottes).

This is partly the case. All tension rods measure 2.5" below the collar. All perpendicular screws that the tension rod joins are 1 7/8" wide. The set screws, which you use an allen wrench to put them nice and tight again the tension rods, are identical. However, the lugs have slightly shrunk since 2001.

The shell thickness, material, and overall construction is identical, as is the throwoff system, with one exception. Taking a peek inside I found this:

The lug screws are using tension rod washers now instead of the wide ones that they used to.

Here's another shot of the inside, and a clearer view of the lug design. Again, nothing is different between the two lugs except the size. So any other Ayotte owners out there, if you need a spare lug, you need to ask some questions first!

The Obvious Difference: Steelhoops v. Wood

Referring back to the first photo, that wood hoop looks mighty tall. Imagine my surprise when I busted out the tape measure- from the playing surface of the head to the top of the rim, both hoops are precisely 1/2" tall in profile. That's right- it's an optical illusion that the heads are buried in there a little deeper. I had to check three times.

However, the woodhoop is thicker. The steelhoop, using common denominators, is 2/16" wide. The wood is 5/16", or just over 2.5x thick.

I have not noticed any differences in durability between the two. I am careful to rotate the orienation of both my snares to prevent a weak spot from forming.

There are two clear distinctions. Rimshots and cross-sticking are far clearer with the wood. Also, the Ayotte approach is like a standard bass drum, and the rods, perpendicular screws, and claw hooks have to be removed to take off the rim and change a head. It's only eight pieces to keep track of, though, as each little assembly stays together. I don't blast through heads, so this isn't a frequent enough chore to make a meaningful difference.

Final Thoughts

The woodhoop snare was very difficult to tune out of the box, and I really had to mess around with it to find a zone I liked. However, this may be due more to its odd size. Rimshots and cross-sticking are super-fun on these hoops, and they add an organic feel to the drum.

If I were to make this purchase again, I would have serious hesitation going new with Ayotte again due to price and perceived company viability.
    I would also have opted for the wood hoops to be natural gloss with a matching inlay, as I now feel that the hoop may eventually start to show wear as the years pass.

Both are equipped with set screws to help the drum stay in tune. They require an allen wrench to tighten, and while nice on a snare, I feel this would get old real fast on a full kit, as it is starting to on just a snare. I usually end up tweaking the tension two or three times a night, as heads can stretch with use, temperature, and humidity, and these screws, though well-intentioned, can just get in the way. They can also fall out if one is not paying strict attention.
    Last edited by MrB; 02-19-2011 at 11:04 AM.

User Info Menu

Wow thanks for the info MrB very intersting investigation on your part. Now I know Ayotte's are made in Canada not China or Taiwan etc. These kits don't look cheap though. Again, Thank you sir.

ThePloughman Guest

Ayotte are excellently made high quality, high end drums. The problem with Ayotte will be longevity as a company. I doubt they will be around in ten years. Parts are too hard to get. The drums are way too expensive, even for what they are, and that is primarily due to the limited volume of sales. If they had more production, more sales, they could be slightly more affordable. Resale value is a fraction of what one paid for the drums, and that is simply because its very hard to find someone enamoured enough to give you what you paid for them when they can get them for that much on their own and get their own idea of "custom."

I owned a Ray Ayotte era kit for 9 years. I bought it used and sold it cheap. I still own a black center badge Ayotte Custom snare drum with steel hoops. Both kit and snare are well made with excellence being the standard rather than the exception.

Larrysperf Guest

Great htread and still great drums. NUFF SAID

User Info Menu

thanks for the info, I wasn't sure what happened to Ayotte after Ray left.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Company Background:

Ayotte is a custom company based out of British Columbia in Canada, which for Yanks like myself is an island a bit north of Washington State...
    I think the island you are referring to is Vancouver Island. British Columbia in fact is a province of Canada comprised of a large landmass that ISN'T an island as well as some coastal islands including Vancouver Island. By the way, the actual city of Vancouver is not located on Vancouver Island.
    Kits
    DW Performance(white marine): 8x7/10x8/12x9/16x14/22x18
    Mapex Saturn III(transparent walnut): 10x8/12x9/16x16/22x18/14x5.5

Snares
    Pork Pie 14x7 Cherry/Bubinga
    Pork Pie 14x6.5 Big Black Bob
    Mapex Saturn 14x5.5 Maple/Walnut
    Homemade 14x5.5 Maple(10 ply Keller)

Cymbals
    Sabian
    14" AA regular hats
    10" AAX splash
    16" AAX Xplosion fast crash
    18" AAX Xplosion fash crash
    16" HH thin crash
    20" HHX stage ride

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Taking a Closer Look At Ayotte

Quote Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
    I think the island you are referring to is Vancouver Island. British Columbia in fact is a province of Canada comprised of a large landmass that ISN'T an island as well as some coastal islands including Vancouver Island. By the way, the actual city of Vancouver is not located on Vancouver Island.
    Thank you for catching that. I am updating the information now.

User Info Menu

Recently (within the past two weeks or so), Ayotte has torn down their website and has posted a message promising a relaunch. This is noteworthy as the site had not been updated for a number of years, although off the top of my head I'm not sure how long exactly.

User Info Menu

For the curious, today Ayotte has officially relaunched their website after relocating across the country to Bedford.
    Last edited by MrB; 02-19-2011 at 10:51 AM.

User Info Menu

EXCELLENT review!
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Thank you, kind sir. I'm happy to both practice my writing skills and offer what knowledge I can to fellow consumers and drummers so they can make the most informed decisions possible.

User Info Menu

That's realy cool of you man. Thanks for the updates.

User Info Menu

Helpful information.

I would love to have one of these kits. Ploughman raises a great point that resale on these kits are difficult. These are kits that you buy to keep.

Play them till they die, or you die-whatever comes first.
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

Thank you for reading, sir!

I'm having trouble finding information on the maple DS line and Turret tom holders; if anyone out in readerland can offer background information, I'd be very thankful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Thank you for reading, sir!

I'm having trouble finding information on the maple DS line and Turret tom holders; if anyone out in readerland can offer background information, I'd be very thankful.
    I have some information of DS line but I can not send you a private msg because I am new here.
    "Sensitivity is everything - even in drums"
    One of my sets: HERE
    My band: LIMINGAN TULLI

User Info Menu

Lightbulb Re: Taking a Closer Look At Ayotte

Some information of Ayotte Drumsmith line that I have got from late distributor at the time these drums were made.
    Here is also information about Ayotte RVN set I have.

Ayotte DrumSmith drums have had same shells than Customs. Late distributor of Finland told me this just a couple of months ago. I discussed about these things because I wanted to know why they stopped to work with Ayotte 1999. The reason was simple - they did not know if they could have products in a decent delivery times. At this time Mr R. Ayotte had left the company. I have been told that early DrumSmith sets had same shells but more conventional hardware. There was same lugs but not wood hoops available. The colors were also limited and only three different drum set sizes were available. (I still have the original printed brochure left in my maps.)
    Back then Ayotte was trying to reduce costs of DrumSmith line. Company had sent shells elsewhere to be finished. After this process shells had been sent back to Canada, assembled with hardware and packed in shipping boxes.
    This could be possible but it did not make things any better. I have a reason to believe that this is the reason for rumours that DS line had been done in other facility. Personally I have not played any DrumSmith sets but these drums are in use and I have not seen many for sale here in Finland. Back then only 10 DS drum sets had imported on 1997 and two Ayotte Custom sets.
    I am the lucky owner of other Custom set and a guy who I know have the other set.

Later when Ayotte had been sold to previous owner another company started to import drums to Finland. Because they had only Yamaha distribution 2005 they wanted to have another brand. This company ordered 20 Ayotte RVN drum sets. RVN was a cheaper drum set with basic hardware included. There was only two colors available with stain finish; Natural and black. Also one combination was available - 4 pcs set.
    22" x 18" BD, 12" x 9" TT, 16" x 15"FT and maple snare drum 14" x 5,5". These drums did not have reinforcement rims.

I bought one of these drum sets as second hand on summer 2010.
    These drums seem to be well made and sound is great too. Especially the bass drum is really good. It has a strong bottom end but it is not too "loose". Both toms sounds great and are easy to tune. Sustain is very, very good.

These shells are 6 ply maple shells so if you are a hart-hitter you maybe do not like them. I have a reason to believe this set has designed to be a semi-mass production drum set. I do not know if it succeeded at all in USA or Canada. I have had very little information of these RVN sets. I do know it had been some "consept drumset" back then.
    I have a reason to believe that new bedford line shall be the same kind a set. Bedford is availabe only natural stain finish

I hope this small information helped a bit. I also hope that Ayotte Inc. will survive in future to make Ayotte drums as high quality products. Ayotte have had nice ideas and constuction more than ten years ago. If new Ayotte can make it or at least 80% of the quality it had back then it will found buyers. Maybe bigger companies can make drums cheaper but handcrafted drums or small amount of production is always better in quality. It is a matter of time! If you make things carefully it takes a little bit extra hours. I do believe there are drummers who are ready to pay to get the high quality products.
    I am the one with my excisting Ayotte drums!
    Last edited by triaxis; 02-26-2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: I made some little corrections to a text.

User Info Menu

The RVN line is very obscure here in the states. Thank you for the info! The next few months should be interesting to watch. I have no idea if any of the craftsmen relocated with the company to the other side of Canada, but I am very curious. I do appreciate people who take pride in their work, and there are quite a few beautiful Ayotte kits out there, even if it takes a bit longer. Within the past week or so the new site has been revised and mentions a video feed will be available to view order progress. I think SJC has been doing something like this for a while, but it is a nice way for the company to address the concerns that they aren't sitting around sipping mimosas all day.
    Last edited by MrB; 02-26-2011 at 12:53 AM.

ThePloughman Guest

The Ayotte Drumsmith Snare drum is an excellent drum. I have owned two. I still have one. I wouldnt mind having another in either Red or Natural.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummer View Post
    Helpful information.

I would love to have one of these kits. Ploughman raises a great point that resale on these kits are difficult. These are kits that you buy to keep.

Play them till they die, or you die-whatever comes first.
    My opinion is that if you are looking for a drums that are warm sounding and have great dynamics with quite wide tuning range Ayotte Customs will be one good answer. With classic wood hoops these drums give really natural sound.

I am quite positive that these great drums will always find a new owner but there is always same story: "You get what you pay." Not so many are willing to pay as much as Ayotte Customs are worth. It is same thing with Craviotto and Noble & Cooley and some other smaller manufactures.

There is a difference but you need to listen the sound and feel the touch of these drums for a while.

User Info Menu

Great review, full of information. I own an steel hoop Ayotte custom kit that I was lucky enough to have them build for me back in 95/96.

It's 8, 10, 10, 13, 15, 22. No snare. I have owned various Ayotte snares over the years both steel and wood hoop but none that held enough appeal that I wanted to keep. I love my kit, but I was never a big fan of the wood hoops. I found them too dark and unfocused for my taste.

User Info Menu

Did Ayotte buy the lug tooling from Staccatto? Look identical, and I know Bill Filek and Ray know each other. Bill still sells the god awful bass drums that look like Fat Alberts shorts, as well as Nomad cases.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

Sadly, Ayotte's web page has been down since September 12, 2011. After a lapse, the company began to resolve business through social networking (namely two Facebook group pages- Peter Wade, evidently an employee, has been especially helpful responding to people). I have refrained posting play-by-play accounts hoping the company would get its act together, perhaps making a lesser page via Google or other easily accessible service.

I feel that today's development is grave enough to say with certainty that there are fewer days ahead for Ayotte than there are behind. From the Ayotte Drums Inc. Facebook page, November 22, 2011:

Posted by: DAT Consultantcy (Maastricht, Netherlands)

"Dear all,

As we are not receiving any more replies from Ayotte Drums since a couple of months, we feel obliged as collection firm to announce that Ayotte Drums, since 24.03.2009 does owe to our client an amount of USD 29,121.00.

Ayotte Drums is in grave financial difficulties and is not able to live up to its payment obligations.

Their manager/director Bill Jennison is making promises he does not live up to. The reliability of this company should be seriously doubted."

In greener pastures, Ray Ayotte himself seems to be doing well. Here is a shot of a recent build that he keeps in his office, according to his Facebook page:

The kick is a 20"x8".
    Last edited by MrB; 11-22-2011 at 09:24 PM.

User Info Menu

^^ interesting kick reso head! (note the port hole)
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware