Thread: Roland TD4

User Info Menu

Default Roland TD4

Hey guys,
    I'm almost sure that I'm getting a TD4, by Roland, but I'm not sure yet if this is the right one. Oh and there is the TD4K and the TD4KX, the difference between those two is that TD4KX comes with better pads than TD4K. If someone has a TD4, please, tell me if it is good and if TD4KX and TD4K have a lot of difference.

I'll put images below:

TD4KX

TD4K

RodrigoBR
    Remember, Neil Peart was 14 when he got his first drumset...

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland TD4

The pad set up is the same option as the TD-9 offers. I went for the one with the mesh snare and rubber toms.

I've played my TD-9 for over a year and still enjoy it. Never thought about upgrading the tom pads to mesh.

But, I've thought a lot about upgrading the hi hat to a vh-11 with a real hi hat stand.

If you can't get a chance to play on both kits, then it's just a matter of which one fits your budget.

Either one would be a good choice.
    Not young enough to know everything

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Well, if you've ever heard me play the drums, you might think that I'm appropriating them for some purpose other than their original design!

User Info Menu

go with the TD4KX if you can
    you will get more feel
    my 2 cents

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Guys, thanks for the help.
    I think I'll get the TD4K. At the moment I can not afford a TD4KX.
    But, before buying it wanted to know more about TD4. I saw that TD4 has a MIDI output. I've searched, and now I know you can use it to record your drummings to a computer or sound modules, etc. Do you guys know what program can I use to make those recordings? I've heard about "Garageband", etc. If you know any other, tell me, please.

RodrigoBR
    Remember, Neil Peart was 14 when he got his first drumset...