Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogers Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Rogers Drums Discussion

The Ploughman mentioned that we need a Rogers thread, and I agree.

Advertisement

Cool Drum Accessories
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rodgers Drums Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Sorry to be a pain in the tush, PB... but it's spelt "Rogers". I'll get some photos done of the various ones in my lot a lil later.

Cheers, Drumbledore.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

I'll third that! Great drums back in the day. My first kit was a Rogers. Sure wish I would've kept it.

sk
    "A man can NEVER have too many cymbals"

Proudly Playing

Sonor Force 3007 Stage One Piano Black 22X17.5 kick, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms
    Pork Pie Big Black Snare
    Vater Sticks/Brushes
    Remo Vintage Emperor, Emperor X, and Powerstroke Pro Heads
    Paiste Twenty/2002/Signature Cymbals
    Sonor/DW/Gibraltar Hardware

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Sorry to be a pain in the tush, PB... but it's spelt "Rogers". I'll get some photos done of the various ones in my lot a lil later.

Cheers, Drumbledore.
    My bad, and my apologies to our Rogers drummers. I just didn't notice what I had done, so thanks for the heads up Drumbledore, and I have corrected the error.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

ThePloughman Guest

Default Re: Rogers Drums Discussion

Rogers 1964 Catalogue pics.

The Dynasonic..................
    $150.00 in 1964 had the same buying power as $1,048.30 in 2010.

Last edited by ThePloughman; 01-01-2011 at 10:17 AM.

User Info Menu

My bad, and my apologies to our Rogers drummers. I just didn't notice what I had done, so thanks for the heads up Drumbledore, and I have corrected the error.
    Hey you made the thread, so that's great news for everyone right? Hopin to see some lovelies here, great thread idea!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

ThePloughman Guest

Rogers Dynasonic, 2811, Cleveland Ohio, 1963. Lowest Beavertail Lugged Dynasonic that I have seen to date. This drum was beat up and missing some stuff when I got it, but I am gradually bringing it back to an all original state.
    Finding a tall boy top hoop for this drum might take a year or two, and cost an unbelievable amount of money, but with patience, it will be dressed properly again some day.

LETS SEE SOME ROGERS!!!!!
    Last edited by ThePloughman; 01-01-2011 at 10:39 AM.

User Info Menu

uuuum, sorry to burst your bubble, but, it appears the typo yet exists.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Rogers drums thread...cool

Thought I would post a pic of Jim Bogios who is Counting Crows drummer and a big fan of his Rogers kit:

Mike.

"If men are from Mars, and Women are from venus then drummers... are from Pluto!" - Hughie (as played by the amazing Billy Connolly) taken from the film 'Still Crazy'.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" - Brandon Lee

http://www.jerzeystreetband.com
    http://www.myspace.com/jerzeystband
    http://www.facebook.com/jerzeystreetband

ThePloughman Guest

In a music industry filled with signature drums, drumsets, and product endorsements......... Its hard not to admire a person who is playing what he REALLY likes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by almostmatt1 View Post
    uuuum, sorry to burst your bubble, but, it appears the typo yet exists.
    You have a good eye Matt! All fixed now though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey Street Band (JSB) View Post
    Rogers drums thread...cool

Thought I would post a pic of Jim Bogios who is Counting Crows drummer and a big fan of his Rogers kit:

Oh yeah great drummer, Jim Bogios. Isn't it funny that he played with Sheryl Crow before he ended up in Counting Crows though? Might be fitting if he ended up in Australia playing with Russell Crowe lol.

Good to see guys still finding and playing these kits.

User Info Menu

Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread. Here's a couple pics showing part of my Big R kit. Now that there's a Rogers thread, I'll need to take some better ones. I've been playing my Pearls all the time, but I'm getting an itch to break out the Rogers again. My band has a couple of gigs lined up this summer where we'll be playing on a pretty big outdoor amphitheater. My 8 piece double kick Big R's would look and sound very nice on this stage. I've never set up and played the whole kit with my current band. I'm just going to show up and surprise them with it. They'll love it!

Well, here's a pic with my son and I. He likes to come up while the band is on break and mess around.

I'll take some better pics later and post them.
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

ThePloughman Guest

Thats a lovely thing to see.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePloughman View Post
    In a music industry filled with signature drums, drumsets, and product endorsements......... Its hard not to admire a person who is playing what he REALLY likes.

Very true, I think Jim Bogios endorses Zildjian and Aquarian but has always maintained that he plays what he loves.

Oh yeah great drummer, Jim Bogios. Isn't it funny that he played with Sheryl Crow before he ended up in Counting Crows though? Might be fitting if he ended up in Australia playing with Russell Crowe lol.

Good to see guys still finding and playing these kits.

Yeah he played with Sheryl Crow, maybe he should do a stint with the Black Crows before the Russell Crowe thing? He also played with Dixie Chicks, but I'm not clever enough to find a crow connection there.

Quote Originally Posted by DrummerD View Post

I'll take some better pics later and post them.

Awesome pics DrummerD, looking real nice.
    Mike.

"If men are from Mars, and Women are from venus then drummers... are from Pluto!" - Hughie (as played by the amazing Billy Connolly) taken from the film 'Still Crazy'.

User Info Menu

Very true, I think Jim Bogios endorses Zildjian and Aquarian but has always maintained that he plays what he loves.

Yeah he played with Sheryl Crow, maybe he should do a stint with the Black Crows before the Russell Crowe thing? He also played with Dixie Chicks, but I'm not clever enough to find a crow connection there.

DrummerD, yeah nice pics.

JSB, well if Jim Bogios has played with Sheryl Crow, Counting Crows and The Dixie Chicks..may not be all Crow(e) connected (sorry Russell), but it must be that he likes bird names. So add The Eagles to that wish list!

Last edited by Drumbledore; 01-12-2011 at 07:46 AM.

User Info Menu

JSB, well if Jim Bogios has played with Sheryl Crow, Counting Crows and The Dixie Chicks..may not be all Crow(e) connected (sorry Russell), but it must be that he likes bird names. So add The Eagles to that wish list!

I think you nailed it , the man has a serious bird fetish, he should seek help
    Mike.

User Info Menu

I think you nailed it , the man has a serious bird fetish, he should seek help
    Ah, we'll know it when he steps in behind the set in a Big Bird costume, then he'll definitely need help!

Anyhoo..now I'm sure Ploughman knew this already....but hey kids...did you know Buddy Rich used to play a Rogers kit?

nor did I until a while back!

User Info Menu

I have always wondered why there wasn't a Rogers thread but never wanted to start one because I dont have any of my own. Although they are my favorite vintage drums and I have been looking for one of those wood Dyna-Sonics posted earlier forever now lol.

Anyway I will post some pics of Billy Martin's Rogers. If you havn't heard Medeski, Martin, and Wood you need to stop what your doing and look them up now. One of my favorite bands and my favorite drummer of all time, that happens to play Rogers, I have been to 3 shows now I think and they never disappoint.

Anyway on to some pics

User Info Menu

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDJGXHqHrJc"]YouTube - Robert Sweet of Stryper Rod Stewart Da Ya Think I'm Sexy[/ame]
    Robert Sweet playing on a set of Rogers...

BTW, I had a set of Rogers back in the mid 80's... bought them brand new. I'll have to try and find a pic one day. It was a 5pc set in blue with the natural wood color hoops, kinda like in the video, but they were a lighter blue color.
    Last edited by JayW; 01-12-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    DW Collector's Series ~ Zildjian cymbals

ThePloughman Guest

Option, those are Black Onyx, Tower Series. Same shells as the holidays, "clubdate" style double ended lugs.

JayW...... I think that color was either Pacific Blue or Blue Metallic.

And for some Rogers Wood Dynasonics..............

Here ya go. ..... The Twins. 1984 Rogers XP10 Dynasonics with consecutive serial numbers, both 6.5x14. One belonged to Cosmo, according to the person I bought it from, who got it from his son.

Last edited by ThePloughman; 01-12-2011 at 08:55 PM.

User Info Menu

I recently picked up a set of Rogers Holiday drums. A four piece kit. I'll get a pic up later.

The sticker on the inside of the toms has the word Holiday and then a number. Is that a serial number and can I use it to figure out when it was made?

Also, the floor tom had a broken leg mount and I found online a guy who fixed Rogers drums, and who has some parts and can also machine new parts if needed. Some of my bass lugs are bent and he can make new ones.

[commercial link deleted - please see forum rules]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Option View Post
    I have always wondered why there wasn't a Rogers thread but never wanted to start one because I dont have any of my own. Although they are my favorite vintage drums and I have been looking for one of those wood Dyna-Sonics posted earlier forever now lol.

Anyway I will post some pics of Billy Martin's Rogers. If you havn't heard Medeski, Martin, and Wood you need to stop what your doing and look them up now. One of my favorite bands and my favorite drummer of all time, that happens to play Rogers, I have been to 3 shows now I think and they never disappoint.

Anyway on to some pics

I have always wondered what drums he used. Freackin love MMW. The Dropper is just an amazing album. They all are.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

What are the hoops that come on dynasonic snares? They feel a lot beefier than the hoops on my dw and pacific snares. Sound good too.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    I have always wondered what drums he used. Freackin love MMW. The Dropper is just an amazing album. They all are.
    SNAP!! Kazaamski, that CD gets played in my car every week just about. Plus I've got the very same Modern Drummer issue that has those Billy Martin pics that have been posted. One very cool drummer.