Thread: New Drum Set

User Info Menu

Default New Drum Set

I've found a nice drumset that I want, but it says shell pack. What does shell pack mean? i'm very confused.

User Info Menu

Shell pack means NO HARDWARE INCLUDED! no mounts, no stands, no nuthin'. It's a good way to upgrade your kit if you have a set of cymbals, pedals and stands that are in good shape.

User Info Menu

But it says all hardware in black, and includes a Tom mount!?!?
    By the way, what all is considered Hardware?

User Info Menu

The hardware they are talking about is the lugs, rings, and tom mounts. Anything other than the actual drums and cymbals is considered hardware, but for shell packs it's only those three things usually. have bought a couple of different shell packs ( Tama, Ludwig ) and have gotten different things with each. The Tama pack had the lugs and rings only, while the Ludwig had the lugs, rings, tom mounts, bass drum supports, and heads. Different stores will offer different things in shell packs. I would give them a call to find out exactly what you are getting for your hard earned $.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    Shell pack means NO HARDWARE INCLUDED! no mounts, no stands, no nuthin'. It's a good way to upgrade your kit if you have a set of cymbals, pedals and stands that are in good shape.
    I meant no cymbal mounts or mounting blocks other than tom mounts. sorry.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice, and I will give them a call.