Thread: No More Drums

User Info Menu

Default No More Drums

Well, I'm guessing more of the teenage crowd here knows that report cards have been handed out. Yea, one failing grade on mine, biology. I came home the next night to see my studio corner completely blank, a new space for my mothers filing cabinets. I must say that I've never been this upset before, and I'm not feeling much hope in this situation.
    She said, trying to be reassuring, that my Catalina was safe in Guitar Center being appraised and that I have until the end of this term, or until someone buys my set, to bring up my grades. Otherwise I'm waiting until Christmas for my Pearl export. ugh

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Woah man. I feel your pain dude that bums ME out. I would seriously kill anyone who tried to take my set, bad grades or not. Like i said i am very sorry for your lose myfriend. Two options here rob Guitar Center.........Or work your a$$ off to pull that grade up.

User Info Menu

Cool No More Drums

Well, 32, ya know what ya gotta do...

and robbery is not an option...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

appraised? I have no idea what that means, but im assuming it means put on the lot?

Wow man, i feel bad for you, thats pretty low of your parents though, taking the drums is one thing, but then putting them on the lot for someone to buy?

Oh well, not much you can do, goodluck buying it back!

User Info Menu

i feel u dude..i just got in trouble @ school..and my dad took all my sticks, and said he may sell my kit

User Info Menu

I'm sorry to hear that man.

But it's gotta be hugely motivating to get cracking on your grades. Call me boring, but, while drums are great (natch), they're nothing compared to a good education.

Good luck! (and remember your practice pad - it ain't a kit, but it'll hold you until you get one again).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice
    i feel u dude..i just got in trouble @ school..and my dad took all my sticks, and said he may sell my kit
    At least your parents gave you a chance and did not just take you kit.

Man 32 I am so sorry you are going thru all your stuff man, get the grades up dude and get those drums back, make you mom proud.

User Info Menu

Look at it like this: Study, get your grades up. Good grades=better job. Better job=more money. More money=better DRUM SET$$$

User Info Menu

Dude... I cannot imagine the pain you are feeling right now. You have my sympathies. I couldn't have lasted, I pretty much would have round-housed my parents right there
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

32, that has really has to suck big time. I guess i'm lucky my parents dont particularly care about my grades. well like bongo said, you know what to do..

User Info Menu

My grades are good anyway. In fact im doing homework right now...

User Info Menu

I salute your mother. It's nice to hear of parents who really love their children.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    I salute your mother. It's nice to hear of parents who really love their children.
    Study! Study! Study! You will be fine, alot smarter, and get your kit back. Its a win win situation, Much luck to you. Braxton
    The road goes on forever and the party never ends, Johnny Cash is a friend of mine. www.myspace.com/braxtonbisceglia

User Info Menu

that sucks man, i hate when i have to take things away from my kids. but sometimes it has to be done. i have been promising to let my oldest get his licence this summer but he has a failing grade and now lost that right.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    that sucks man, i hate when i have to take things away from my kids. but sometimes it has to be done. i have been promising to let my oldest get his licence this summer but he has a failing grade and now lost that right.
    Ouch he must be extremely bummed, just got my license and its honestly not worth it unless you have a car and a job for gas in this day and age. hahahaha

User Info Menu

he is pretty alright with it. one thing i try to teach my kids is if they earn a punishment to take it like a champ. it's far better than his mom (divorced) treats him. at least i did't smash his guitar and try to perform an exocism on him like that crazy woman.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    he is pretty alright with it. one thing i try to teach my kids is if they earn a punishment to take it like a champ. it's far better than his mom (divorced) treats him. at least i did't smash his guitar and try to perform an exocism on him like that crazy woman.
    Yea i totally understand, you earn a punishment you take it because after all its your own fault and no one elses. Yea see i would much rather have my license taken away then ANYONE of my drums or guitars smashed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat
    Well, I'm guessing more of the teenage crowd here knows that report cards have been handed out. Yea, one failing grade on mine, biology. I came home the next night to see my studio corner completely blank, a new space for my mothers filing cabinets. I must say that I've never been this upset before, and I'm not feeling much hope in this situation.
    She said, trying to be reassuring, that my Catalina was safe in Guitar Center being appraised and that I have until the end of this term, or until someone buys my set, to bring up my grades. Otherwise I'm waiting until Christmas for my Pearl export. ugh

thats a load of crap! that shouldnt' have happened, i mean, i usually get yelled at or grounded. but get ur grades up though
    GOD + Me= Awsome Drummer!

User Info Menu

sorry to hear that. good luck with your grades. I must say that this was very unfair of your parents. not the drums!!!! keep your sticks and practice pad and keep tapping your feet away. that helps alot anyway.