Thread: Which is better?

User Info Menu

Default Which is better?

I'm just starting to play the drums but i havent bought my own kit yet. i know that i want to start with an electronic kit mainly because they are quiet, ive looked around to see what there is and ive narrowed it down to two different kits that are in my price range. The Alesis DM-6 or the OSP DD-502, ive looked at reviews and many different videos about both and i just cant decide which one to get. can anyone tell me which one has the edge over the other, and if you can think of any other kits in the $300-$600 range that are better let me know.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Which is better?

If you are allowed to be loud, I would seriously consider skipping the e-kit and go straight for a real drum set. In that price range the e-kits are pretty crummy...waste of money in my opinion...and also probably more frustrating than fun.

For your budget you could get a really nice used drumset with everything you need to get started. Or at least a good entry level kit and some cymbals.

But again...the factor to consider is what is stopping you from wanting to be loud???

User Info Menu

i dont really have enough room for an acoustic drum set

User Info Menu

my parents dont want a loud drum set in the house :(

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC Kslater22.The e-kit would be a good option for you now but think of the future down the road will you be happy with a e-kit. Spend at least 600 - 1000 for a good e-kit if you can afford it. Like TAF says cheap e-kit sound crappy and full of problems. I was going for a e-kit at first then decided for an accoustic cause I wanted the real feel and the fun of tuning my own drums. I was living in the country so there were no issues on noise etc. Good luck on whatever you decide.