Thread: Concert Review: Lamb Of God

User Info Menu

Default Concert Review: Lamb Of God

Went to see these guys in Sydney last night and I've gotta say, they were phenomenal. The whole band was tight as you could imagine. I even went to their signing at Utopia, where I scored a signed copy of the Australian re-release of Killadelphia and a signed poster. Even got to chat to the one and only legendary Chris Adler. God, I was so annoyed I didn't have a camera, people were getting pics with each member of the band and everything.

Anyway, onto the show. LoG were supported by an Australian prog/experimental metal band called "Sydonia". These guys had a sound very reminiscent of a blend between Tool and Katatonia. Again, very tight. I thought that they seemed a little out of place for a Thrash Metal concert though. They moved off the stage after about 6 or 7 songs and LoG's techies came out onto the stage and made sure everything was in order.

After about 20-30 mins of final checks and tuning, the band made their way onto the stage. I'm not entirely sure how many people were at the concert but the tickets were sold out for the Sydney show, and the venue was packed to the brim. Everyone was chanting Lamb Of God. They opened their set with Hourglass.

I'm not quite sure on the order of the rest of the setlist, but here's what else they played:

Again We Rise
    Walk With Me In Hell
    Pathetic
    Redneck
    Descending
    More Time To Kill
    Blacken The Cursed Sun
    As The Palaces Burn
    Ruin
    11th Hour
    Vigil
    Laid To Rest
    Now You've Got Something To Die For
    Black Label
    Bloodletting (Back from when they were Burn The Priest)

I've gotta say that this was a hell of a concert. I spent the first couple of songs in the pit, but retreated upstairs for the rest of the set to actually watch the band and not just mosh. I hope they come back again and again.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Cool! Hope they come to Gothenburg!

User Info Menu

Thats awesome man. Sounds like an amazing show!

User Info Menu

RAWK!

Dude - awesome.

Where's Utopia moved to? I was in Sydney for Slayer, and when I went past the old joint (near the movie theatres), it looked like they'd moved again.

User Info Menu

Utopia is on Broadway now - At least that was the one I went to. Not sure if there's another one, cause there are like 5 Billy Hyde's.

You were there for Slayer and Mastodon? Couple of my bandmates will be hella jealous of that. How was that show by the way? What did you think of Mastodon?

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58
    Utopia is on Broadway now - At least that was the one I went to. Not sure if there's another one, cause there are like 5 Billy Hyde's.

You were there for Slayer and Mastodon? Couple of my bandmates will be hella jealous of that. How was that show by the way? What did you think of Mastodon?

HB58
    Broadway. Cool - have to check it out (although I seem to be buying all my music online now).

Slayer/Mastodon was awesome - I posted a review of it here http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php?t=1803

I was actually more psyched about seeing Mastodon. But for live insanity, Slayer just can't be beat. One of the most intense gigs I've ever been to. When they opened up with 'God Hates Us All', it was like the Hordern exploded.

A few of the Sindablok lads went to that LOG show and have been raving about it.