Thread: What's a fair price for my kit?

User Info Menu

Default What's a fair price for my kit?

My friend wants to learn how to play.
    How much should I sell her my Pearl Rhythm Traveler?
    it's a 5 piece and I'm including
    Single Pedal, Hi-Hat stand, and Cymbal Stand
    All Muffle and Batter Heads for Every drum
    and the stock Pearl cymbals as well as a set of Pintech TC's (14" hats, 16" Crash, and 18" ride)

Thanks in advance!

User Info Menu

Default Re: What's a fair price for my kit?

That's up to you, but I just saw the same kit on the local CL for $200. Less then a year old, and only came with the necessary hardware.

User Info Menu

I checked Pearl's price list and the Rythm traveler is listed at 799.00 with cymbals and all harware. This is last years prices so go from there. 200 is kind of giving it away IMO but I think 500 would be fair.

User Info Menu

Hmmm....GC Used Gear has a couple of these for $250....which is a fair price for your friend.

lukesnyder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I checked Pearl's price list and the Rythm traveler is listed at 799.00 with cymbals and all harware. This is last years prices so go from there. 200 is kind of giving it away IMO but I think 500 would be fair.
    They never sell at list price, around $450 is what the Rhythm Travelers sell for brand new. Something between $200 and $300 is what would be expected, since a used kit basically sells for half of the new price.

To the OP: I would sell it for $250 or more, given that all the hardware and stuff is there, and you have some extra cymbals. Then again, you might want to cut your friend a deal

User Info Menu

Well KevChellios, you have an idea what your kit is worth ,200 at CL and 250 at GC. Now you can decide what is the fair price for your friend.