Thread: 3 more days of internet

User Info Menu

Default 3 more days of internet

So, anyone have any suggestions of something I shouldn't miss while I have it? Just put it in over the holidays for my grandaughter's facebook and some online classes others needed the internet for.

I'm going to miss youtube.

User Info Menu

Default Re: 3 more days of internet

Why do you have to give it up? I don't know what I would do without it.
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

I'm gone most of the time. I still use the internet when I can, but I've never just sat back before seeing what I can find, or seeing what turns up on youtube or google.

User Info Menu

Youre giving up your internet connection?

You will be missed if im reading this correctly. If you ever get the internet we will still be here.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Youre giving up your internet connection?

You will be missed if im reading this correctly. If you ever get the internet we will still be here.
    Thanks, that was nice to hear., but no, I'll still be on the internet at least every couple of days. Most hotels now have "executive" rooms with computers, or there's always the coffee shops. And still the interent seems to be everywhere now that there's always someplace to get on.

User Info Menu

Hey Riverr1, if you have a smart phone you can pull up the site on your phone and check in on us and let us know how things are going.

User Info Menu

Watch everything in the drum videos section.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Be wary of those wifi hotspots. Open networks are both great and terrible.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kazaamski View Post
    be wary of those wifi hotspots. Open networks are both great and terrible.

+1
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

I've got an old Gateway Solo laptap that I've used for years to run my drum processing and EQ but it still runs on Windows 98 and I don't know if I could get on the internet with it? Never tried, but I'm sure it won't wi fi if it does. I use what's available when and where I find it. Mostly it's to stay in touch with the kids and my grandaughter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kazaamski View Post
    be wary of those wifi hotspots. Open networks are both great and terrible.
    +2
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riverr1 View Post
    Thanks, that was nice to hear., but no, I'll still be on the internet at least every couple of days. Most hotels now have "executive" rooms with computers, or there's always the coffee shops. And still the interent seems to be everywhere now that there's always someplace to get on.
    Well thats good to hear you will still be around once in a while.

You know where to find us........
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

River1, when I saw the title of this thread tonight, I was sorry to think that you might not be around much longer. I am glad to see that this is not the case. Those of us that are growing in our abilities really enjoy being able to soak up the knowledge of the veteran drummers around here. I have appreciated you experience, and your wisdom. Blessings to you and your family sir!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    River1, when I saw the title of this thread tonight, I was sorry to think that you might not be around much longer. I am glad to see that this is not the case. Those of us that are growing in our abilities really enjoy being able to soak up the knowledge of the veteran drummers around here. I have appreciated you experience, and your wisdom. Blessings to you and your family sir!
    Thanks PB. It feels good to be noticed and appreciated and I enjoy participating. I'm not going anywhere it's just the my participation will fall back to pre-holidays amounts. I had never used the internet before for simply just finding what interests me. My use had been limited to mostly email and proverbial, "check this out," stuff. I had used youtube before to see specific videos, but I had never waded thorugh all the music and information that is there just to see what is there. Youtube is the cat's meow and the bee's knees all in one. Anyway that's what this post was about. Before I lose the ability to "cruise" the interent I wondered if anyone had any suggestions of things I should see while I have the chance. Today should be my last day, but it may be tomorrow?

PB, thanks again.

Txdrummer, I have a cell phone, but I don't know how smart it is? I do know how smart I am, so I doubt I'll spend much time on the internet using a phone.

Thanks for the suggestion Russ, but I've already been through it all here and some other places.

User Info Menu

Since I am new and dont know you well or how old you are,I thought you were going to be grounded. Glad to hear you will still be checking in.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    Since I am new and dont know you well or how old you are,I thought you were going to be grounded. Glad to hear you will still be checking in.
    Thought you were grounded! Now that's funny!

User Info Menu

If I disconnected the internet there'd be a teenage mutiny.

I couldn't imagine not having access when and when I wanted but kudos to you for not having it so ingrained in your life. If I could manage on coffee shop connections maybe I'd drink less beer!

Good luck.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    This was funny when I first read it, then I showed it to my wife. It's not funny anymore.