Thread: Zildjian ZBT's

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian ZBT's

I ordered the Zildjian ZBT pro pack last week from musiciansfriend it comes with a ZBT 20in Ride 16in crash 14 in hi hats and a free ZHT 14in fast crash i got that and 12 pairs of nova sticks and the 1 year warranty for like 270$, anyways they came today right before my band was about to practice(finally after playing a demolished 18in ride and a severely cracked 16in crash) i popped this bad boys on they sound magnificent i was extremely skeptical when i bought them i much rather would have A customs(but who wouldnt) yet im a beginner and am on a budget (only 16 with no job) these were WELL worth the money. I thought i would just post a thread stating how happy i am with these and if your a beginner who needs cymbals or just someone on a budget try these out! The only thing is the crash doesnt ring as long as i would like it, and the bell on the ride is not so great, overall they are magnificent.

Thanks.

User Info Menu

congrats on the upgrade. sure beats playing with broken cymbals. dont play overly hard on em tho or they will soon join the broken pile too. if you can get a couple or more good years out of a beginer pack of cymbals till you NEED better stuff then they are worth it.

User Info Menu

With the exception of the china, I thought they were a pretty serviceable set.

User Info Menu

Yea RD i got the other pack that came with the 14in fast crash instead of the china i heard the china was crap with that pack hahaha

User Info Menu

The chinas are supposed to be trashy, but the ZBT china, my god, that thing, i jsut wanted to take it off the rack at guiitarcenter, find the nearest metal object and beat the china down till there was nothing left

User Info Menu

I played on some zbt's once.

Once.

If your broke though, I understand. I've been there too.

User Info Menu

Same..... The ZXT's are ment to be well worth the extra few hundred. Thats what i got my goggles on :>

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz
    The chinas are supposed to be trashy, but the ZBT china, my god, that thing, i jsut wanted to take it off the rack at guiitarcenter, find the nearest metal object and beat the china down till there was nothing left
    That's funny. That sound does make you angry, huh? It's like the sound of a long steel straight edge dropped flat from five feet onto bare concrete in a closed room. Sheesh! Give me a warning so I can cover my ears!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w
    Same..... The ZXT's are ment to be well worth the extra few hundred. Thats what i got my goggles on :>
    i would not consider the zxt to be any better of a cymbal than the zbt. to me they dont sound any better, just a little higher pitched and a little louder. not much of an upgrade if you ask me. the regular A avedis line are great "pro" cymbals and only a tiny bit more than the zxt.

User Info Menu

i Just brought a zbt hi hat and crash....
    And all i can say is WOW!
    Nice value for money, sound is so crisp and clear. only thing is that they are a bit quiet. but other than that they are great!
    cam

User Info Menu

Default zildjian

i know what sanzen i bought meinl mcs pack which is basicily the same from a difrnt brand

User Info Menu

ZBT pros are very good cymbals. I have had mine for 6 years, and just now i am starting to trade them out. Today i bought a pair of 15inch customs for 140$. When i played them, i wasn't impressed at first compared to the zbt's, but soon after i got used to the deeper sound. So really, awsome choice!!

Shazane Guest

I got the one with the china, and I think it sounds excellent. I've played a Wuhan china before and really they sound exactly the same, I have no problem with it. The ZBTs sounds magnificent for their price. And I dont experience this volume issue the rest of you seem to have, my cymbals can overpower the rest of the band if I want them to.
    Last edited by Shazane; 07-26-2007 at 09:58 AM.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I would say that the the ZBT line is a nice step up from the pots and pans, the trash can lids, and the cymbals on a starter set. Because I am dealing with other cash issues right now, I am fine with my ZBT's for right now. I am, however, looking forward to the day when I can move up to better cymbals. I don't know exactly when that will be, and until then I am OK with the ZBT's. The sound is just for me, at the moment, anyway. I do know, though, that when I play with other musicians, a better cymbal will be needed to cut through the sound of the other instruments. One day!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I had a mate who upgraded from the ZBt's to the XT's and he was stoked with the difference... But with your wise words. Ill drop back to the BT's
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian ZBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Sanzen View Post
    Yea RD i got the other pack that came with the 14in fast crash instead of the china i heard the china was crap with that pack hahaha
    i had a ZBT china, it didn't even sound like a china

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    the regular A avedis line are great "pro" cymbals and only a tiny bit more than the zxt.
    Love the avedis line...a bit higher up the food chain than zbt...but something you should look at for future upgrades...i love the look and the sound of them.....i like the non-brilliant vintage cymbals...
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

I just got a set of ZBT's today. I'm really happy with the 13" HH, they have a crisp and clean sound to them...I was surprised. But the 18" ride is a little weak, especially the bell but it will do. The 18" china I haven't made my mind up yet?...seems okay if you hit it just right. But all and all they are a good deal for budget cymbals......
    I remember back in the day when all there were was Zildjians and Paistes $$$...it would take a weeks wages to buy one cymbal then starve till next pay check...those were the days :-/

User Info Menu

I have the ZBT pro series. 14"hi hats 16" crash and 20" ride. They sound pretty good, but I am planning on upgrading soon. I've been good and Santa Claus knows it!

User Info Menu

I have a set of ZBT Pro high hats and I think they sound like crap. The Sabian B8 hats on the kit I play at church sound 10x's better and I believe they are the same price or cheaper than the ZBT's. I also have a ZBT Pro 16" crash and it sounds okay. I have it mounted upside down and it sounds a ton better. Neither hold a candle to my scimtar high hats and my 17 and 16" Avedis medium thin crashes though. I love those things.

User Info Menu

Nah....
    Mine sound awesome....
    Only the ride is sounds bad.....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride