Thread: Cleaning Drums

User Info Menu

Default Cleaning Drums

Okay I got a gig coming up and I need an easy way to clean my drums from Dust, Rust and other bad-happenings that befall Drumsets with age.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanx!!!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Dust is easy, just use a diaper and some Pledge. Rust? Did you say rust? Sombody put a bullet in my head! You can get rust off chorme with fine steel whool.

User Info Menu

Cool Cleaning Drums

Quote Originally Posted by Candlelight Chaos
    Okay I got a gig coming up and I need an easy way to clean my drums from Dust, Rust and other bad-happenings that befall Drumsets with age.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanx!!!
    Rust???

Seriously, try using the finest steel wool you can get (0000)...

Depending on your shells' finish--if it's a vinyl or plastic finish--you might spray Windex on the cloth only and wipe it off. If your shells are wood, use Pledge like RD suggested...

Of course it's like own'n a car...keeping things clean and lubed as you go saves ya time and excess labor before a gig...

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Rust is nasty... Have you been leaving it somewhere wet..... OR is that a natural thing for chrome (Maybe i can clean my old impact kit up for sale)
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters